• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat Denied

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree, however we don't want to go down the road of taking the JS authority out of the hands of the Captain either.

Frankly it would not bother me if JB was banned from all ALPA JS's. Not from a personal standpoint against the pilots, but because much of the damage to the industry was inflicted as a result of the (at the time) lowered bar by JB.

From a NWA perspective none of our bases are in LGA, FLL, or JFK. Other than leisure travel none of our pilots use JB to go to work. On the other had we are providing thier pilots a free ride to work in order to allow JB to compete against us.

Imagine the world of hurt JB would be in if suddenly none of thier pilots could commute to work. I'm weeping crocodile tears already..... :bomb: One of the NW 15% I referred to earlier...

Okay guys. It was me that was denied yesterday on that flight. I went down to the cockpit to ask for a ride home and get my form signed. The only thing out of the Capt's mouth was "Do you have an ALPA card". I said "no" and he said "I cant take you then". I said okay and left, then went back up to the gate and got out a pass and went right back on the airplane. I only commute on NWA so I keep passes handy for when this happens. This is not the first time for me. End of story.

Yes we have a written agreement with NWA. This was way out of line.

Out of line? I don't think so. I've never denied a JetBlue jumpseater. Despite all of my complaints about JetBlue, I always allow them to ride. They may have to hear me b!tch about transcon turns or cabin cleaning for a minute or two before I sign the form, but they always get a ride. That being said, it's any Captain's right to refuse the jumpseat to anyone, recip agreement or not.

Relax Jetblue. . .Northwest has the most unfavorable jumpseat policy of any US major today for offline jumpseaters.

I have been left behind by NWA as well.

I had to add that the way to go is on UPS. Those guys are great!! It's almost like first class but without the comfy seat because some guys will tell you to help yourself to their galley. When you list on UPS they also make a crew meal available to the jumpseater.

Last edited:
Hey Hemmingway,

Perhaps if you'd use a proper noun instead of all pronouns in your post I could decode what you were trying to say. What I want to know is: Who did the guy work for who was denied and what was his status with that carrier/ALPA(scab, furloughee, never a member, etc).

Thanks for being so cool

Lighten up Francis. Let me guess, light gray Eagle driver?

Anyway, since I know IB6 it was a little more obvious to me. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing that it was 2 JB dudes asking for rides. One has an ALPA card (furloughed - I think it was IB6) in his possession. The other, presumedly a JB dude, does not (don't know who the person is - I would bet never a member). He is summarily left behind by the probable non-commuting pontificator. I only know of one scab on the JB list and I doubt it was him since he doesn't live in MSP.

Clear as mud? BTW, you may want to check the spelling of Hemingway.

Okay guys. It was me that was denied yesterday on that flight. I went down to the cockpit to ask for a ride home and get my form signed. The only thing out of the Capt's mouth was "Do you have an ALPA card". I said "no" and he said "I cant take you then". I said okay and left, then went back up to the gate and got out a pass and went right back on the airplane. I only commute on NWA so I keep passes handy for when this happens. This is not the first time for me. End of story.

Handled like a true professional. Good for you 320.

Coming from a picket line crossing scab like you I take your opinion and stick it up your A@@.

Dude, half the industry will dance a jig and piss on your grave when JB goes out of business......

I think if a pilot that tries to jumpseat with a carrier he has an agreement with is denied he should say "Ok Capt. Xxxxx, if that's the way you want it a$$hole then I ask you to go and F yourself!! You'll be hearing from my jumpseat coord....Now piss off!" Ok - maybe a little harsh - but this can not continue to happen. Fellow pilots rely on offline carriers to get to and from work and we sure don't need a trip to the CP's office because some prick had a grudge against another pilot group.

I say this is the perfect place to out these jerks...Post names, companies and flight info and lets put these guys on notice!!

Just My $0.02

Baja.

BTW - I'd like to apologize to IB6 UB9 on behalf of the furloughed NWA pilots. This is just one more reason I'm glad no to be going back!!

Go out of business? That doesn't happen anymore. We'll just file BK, screw every creditor we ever dealt with, and pay some judge to keep ruling in our favor. Sound familiar Fly4Whatever? You'll have to keep your dancing and pissing to yourself...

Go out of business? That doesn't happen anymore. We'll just file BK, screw every creditor we ever dealt with, and pay some judge to keep ruling in our favor. Sound familiar Fly4Whatever? You'll have to keep your dancing and pissing to yourself...

JB is just another People Express, WP, Indy Air, etc.

Latest resources

Back