• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat Denied

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope, go back and read it again. What I said was that this was the retort to his side of the story and that it was circular, goes round and round, never ends, etc. But some would insist intently that what you typed is true.

Alright FNG, I will give you that one. My apologies.......

Out of line? I don't think so. I've never denied a JetBlue jumpseater. Despite all of my complaints about JetBlue, I always allow them to ride. They may have to hear me b!tch about transcon turns or cabin cleaning for a minute or two before I sign the form, but they always get a ride. That being said, it's any Captain's right to refuse the jumpseat to anyone, recip agreement or not.
What a clown.

I agree, however we don't want to go down the road of taking the JS authority out of the hands of the Captain either.

Frankly it would not bother me if JB was banned from all ALPA JS's. Not from a personal standpoint against the pilots, but because much of the damage to the industry was inflicted as a result of the (at the time) lowered bar by JB.

From a NWA perspective none of our bases are in LGA, FLL, or JFK. Other than leisure travel none of our pilots use JB to go to work. On the other hand we are providing thier pilots a free ride to work in order to allow JB to compete against us.

Imagine the world of hurt JB would be in if suddenly none of thier pilots could commute to work. I'm weeping crocodile tears already..... :bomb:

I don't see it that way at all. If JB or anyone else for that matter told their pilots to ride a competitor's jumpseat for crew positioning or any other company business, then that's another matter entirely. If it's just a pilot trying to commute then I'm more than happy to extend a professional courtesy to a fellow pilot. You're not supplementing another airline's business; you're simply enabling a pilot to live somewhere other than his base.

I've been watching this thread wondering when it would happen...finally...it took six pages before Airtran's jumpseat policy was brought up. I almost had to respond back on page four when someone thought NW had the worst jumpseat policy, but I held my comments.

Dirty Sanchez and Irishjbpilot...Airtran only takes one jumpseater for each jumpseat on the plane. We want to take more, but our management won't let us yet. It has to be negotiated, but I'm not taking any form of a paycut to get you an extra seat in the back.

Oh, by the way, NW now has unlimited jumpseating for everyone which matches the rest of the industry. I suspect Airtran will get it too someday. We were the last major to get CASS, I suspect we'll be the last major to allow unlimited jumpseaters.

If the jumpseats are full though, Airtran management has agreed to sell you a pass at the gate. If you don't want to spend the money, take a different flight.

If anyone has a problem riding on any airline, ask your Jumpseat Coordinator to contact the other one. Yes, we do listen and try to correct the problems.

At least they take more than one and don't charge any money if you are not the first to sign up...

Ty Guy dun binn tawked bouts dis ole thingee lotza times before, bro.

Look, my brother from some udder sometin or anudder we aint likein it bro, an if ya hates it so bad, then likes dont be strollin on up to da Tranny fer yer lift.

All you udder peeps in da hizzy, jus cmon down an likes we be treatin you like alllllllll goooooooooood! (hopefoolly wittout da $25)

AWWWWW YEAAAAHHHHH!!!

Like it or not, often times not, the jumpseat is at the captains discretion.

02-05-07...LGA-MSP, Northwest, had to be 80 to 100 seats open. Two of us going home, Captain denied one of us because one of us didn't have an ALPA card. I am amazed this crap is still going on.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back