• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat Denied

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The bridge comment was the beginning to a joke. I dont think it was ment towards him personally.

You have to build a thousand bridges to be known as a great bridge builder....but you go out and ....well, we know how that one ends.

If Airline Management Reads This Board.

They are laughing their arses off.

Pilots are too busy fighting amongst themselves and stabbing each other in the backs to worry about management's aggressive and successful attack of our quality of life and our future security.

Please, grow up and get a clue.

Group hug everyone, NOW!

for sure. and just look at the age 60 topic, they know how easy it is to divide the group and then conquer.

The problem still is that we have people that accept this as part of the program and there is no justification for treating another professional airman in this way.

As long as this crap continues, expect the continued erosion of pay, benefits, and professional courtesy between pilots.

A350

I know IB6. I was a NWA guy who he DID get a JetBlue job for. Thanks IB6. I do think you get good results posting here. 1 year ago I posted the NWA ALPA answer to Captains who exceeded their authority. The answer explained that using the "jumpseat denial" method of hurting JetBlue came under the Railways Labor Act and would not be tolerated. Of course thats what is written and there will always be 3210lt types out there running their own show. So how about that astronaughty chick?

I agree, however we don't want to go down the road of taking the JS authority out of the hands of the Captain either.

Frankly it would not bother me if JB was banned from all ALPA JS's. Not from a personal standpoint against the pilots, but because much of the damage to the industry was inflicted as a result of the (at the time) lowered bar by JB.

From a NWA perspective none of our bases are in LGA, FLL, or JFK. Other than leisure travel none of our pilots use JB to go to work. On the other had we are providing thier pilots a free ride to work in order to allow JB to compete against us.

Imagine the world of hurt JB would be in if suddenly none of thier pilots could commute to work. I'm weeping crocodile tears already..... :bomb:

I can't wait for that to happen for it would put pressure on JB mgmt. to raise the bar in more than one perspective.

I don't see it that way at all. If JB or anyone else for that matter told their pilots to ride a competitor's jumpseat for crew positioning or any other company business, then that's another matter entirely. If it's just a pilot trying to commute then I'm more than happy to extend a professional courtesy to a fellow pilot. You're not supplementing another airline's business; you're simply enabling a pilot to live somewhere other than his base.

OK let me ask you this: what do you exactly mean by "company business".
Seems to me commuting to work is company business as well. What about commuting to a sim session? In the latter case if you have a problem with that, do we all have to lie to you to get the ride?

Imagine the world of hurt NWA would be in if suddenly none of their pilots could commute to work.

A few months back while showing my license to a NWA Captain and trying to get his autograph, his FO asked "is Southwest on our list?". When I looked at him (FO) he then asked "are you ALPA?" - "I said NO, is that a problem?"

So since then any NWA guy I see on our jumpseat, I ask them "are you SWAPA?" - most have no idea what I'm talking about.

Ahhhh.... the mouthy, pimple faced, back packing fo with an opinion. Hopefully the Capt. put him straight!

OK let me ask you this: what do you exactly mean by "company business".
Seems to me commuting to work is company business as well. What about commuting to a sim session? In the latter case if you have a problem with that, do we all have to lie to you to get the ride?

Traveling to domicile for work, or traveling to a domicile for a training event is commuting, pal, and that's what the jumpseat is about. If someone actually has to explain that to you, you're either not a line pilot, or someone dropped you on your head when you were little.

I agree, however we don't want to go down the road of taking the JS authority out of the hands of the Captain either.

Frankly it would not bother me if JB was banned from all ALPA JS's. Not from a personal standpoint against the pilots, but because much of the damage to the industry was inflicted as a result of the (at the time) lowered bar by JB.

From a NWA perspective none of our bases are in LGA, FLL, or JFK. Other than leisure travel none of our pilots use JB to go to work. On the other had we are providing thier pilots a free ride to work in order to allow JB to compete against us.

Imagine the world of hurt JB would be in if suddenly none of thier pilots could commute to work. I'm weeping crocodile tears already..... :bomb:
Wow...there [yet] another one.

Wow...there [yet] another one.

NO SIR/MADAM, JB blew did not lower the bar...you lowered your own bar because you didn't have a backbone to fight for what you wanted.

Personally, I'm against unions...they have not served this country well and in particular the airline industry, but if you, and many thousands of your fellows still want to live in the 30s or 40s, you announce that each time you show your support for some union.

As far as the jump seat is concerned, jumpseat is NEVER, I repeat NEVER a captain's seat. It's a seat that is part of the airliner that belongs to an airline, not the individual. If the agreement exists, then captain has no RIGHT to disallow it! In fact, I believe that this should not be captain’s or any pilot’s call; if the standard agreement exists between the airlines, then the gate agent should be able to assign the jump seat and the pilots would simply have to accept it.

And you SIR/MADAM, would’ve been the first one applying for JB's A320 jobs if you didn't have a job.

Bunny

Latest resources

Back