• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat Denied

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope all the people on here that seem to think it's okay to deny jumpseats because of the airline a person flies for never have to know what it's like to be furloughed or have their company go out of business. For every young punk that takes a job at G-Jets, there's 10 people that have had their lives turned upside down that can't just start work at Northwest for $300K the day after losing their other job. Too many people have lost their perspective in this industry.

I was going to respond to miss 1200 hour Bunny, however I ran out of unprofessional steam before I found the post button.

Last edited:
Wow...there [yet] another one.

Wow...there [yet] another one.

NO SIR/MADAM, JB blew did not lower the bar...you lowered your own bar because you didn't have a backbone to fight for what you wanted.

Personally, I'm against unions...they have not served this country well and in particular the airline industry, but if you, and many thousands of your fellows still want to live in the 30s or 40s, you announce that each time you show your support for some union.

As far as the jump seat is concerned, jumpseat is NEVER, I repeat NEVER a captain's seat. It's a seat that is part of the airliner that belongs to an airline, not the individual. If the agreement exists, then captain has no RIGHT to disallow it! In fact, I believe that this should not be captain’s or any pilot’s call; if the standard agreement exists between the airlines, then the gate agent should be able to assign the jump seat and the pilots would simply have to accept it.

And you SIR/MADAM, would’ve been the first one applying for JB's A320 jobs if you didn't have a job.

Bunny

Bunny:
Judging by your response, its no wonder you're just a 1200 hr cfi!

Traveling to domicile for work, or traveling to a domicile for a training event is commuting, pal, and that's what the jumpseat is about. If someone actually has to explain that to you, you're either not a line pilot, or someone dropped you on your head when you were little.

Duude! I wuz dropped on my ole heead wehn I wuz littel an likez I knowz da diff, ole Ty Dude!

Next time bring some cookies. Captains like cookies.

Ty Guy likez Girl Scout coookies.

eeether dat or he sedd he likez Girl Scouts and cookies....Yoo a sick freak, ole Ty Guy, and I digg dat boutz yoo! Ty Guy, stick to flighteees who ussed ta bee Girly Scoutz befour yoo end up in jail dude.

AWWW YEEAAAHHH.

As far as the jump seat is concerned, jumpseat is NEVER, I repeat NEVER a captain's seat. It's a seat that is part of the airliner that belongs to an airline, not the individual. If the agreement exists, then captain has no RIGHT to disallow it!

Perhaps you should spend a little more time studying the FAR's sweetheart...

§ 121.547 Admission to flight deck.
(a) No person may admit any person to the flight deck of an aircraft unless the person being admitted is—
(1) A crewmember;
(2) An FAA air carrier inspector, a DOD commercial air carrier evaluator, or an authorized representative of the National Transportation Safety Board, who is performing official duties;
(3) Any person who—
(i) Has permission of the pilot in command, an appropriate management official of the part 119 certificate holder, and the Administrator; and
(ii) Is an employee of—
(A) The United States, or
(B) A part 119 certificate holder and whose duties are such that admission to the flightdeck is necessary or advantageous for safe operation; or
(C) An aeronautical enterprise certificated by the Administrator and whose duties are such that admission to the flightdeck is necessary or advantageous for safe operation.
(4) Any person who has the permission of the pilot in command, an appropriate management official of the part 119 certificate holder and the Administrator. Paragraph (a)(2) of this section does not limit the emergency authority of the pilot in command to exclude any person from the flightdeck in the interests of safety.

Well I didn't realize not having an ALPA card required emergency authority to exclude in the interest of safety.

The Captain may also leave a Hot Karl on the FO's seat in the interest of safety.

Well I didn't realize not having an ALPA card required emergency authority to exclude in the interest of safety

My quote of the FAR's is a direct response to the pilot-hating garbage posted by flybunny. It is not intended to further the argument one way or another... Some gate agents, rampers and flight attendants just need to realize that the Captain is the man and no amount of bit(hing about it is going to change that fact...

Latest resources

Back