Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If Airline Management Reads This Board.

They are laughing their arses off.

Pilots are too busy fighting amongst themselves and stabbing each other in the backs to worry about management's aggressive and successful attack of our quality of life and our future security.

Please, grow up and get a clue.

Group hug everyone, NOW!

Actually the JB effect was a significant accelerator in the process that might otherwise have ended without the BK's or the depth of concessions.

You are correct the legacies were hurting, but the BK and concessions were not until a couple years ago when you had a whole lot more than 15 planes.

The JB bottom pay rates that were more regional in nature and the price dumping of tickets into cherry picked traditional legacy stronhold markets they supported were a very real factor in putting downward pressure on the industry.

AirTran and other smaller carriers had not yet had that effect. Sure if not JB it might have been someone else but it was your kool-aid sipping, managment hugging, glad to be here, work for peanuts wages that was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Now you and have the audacity to crow about how you make as much or more than the legacies while extolling the virtue of market forces, etc. And you wonder why you are less than popular some places?

The irony is you will probably end up with ALPA and the pressure to exert better benefits on JB will force Neelman to show his real colors and expidite JB's fall from grace....

Wow, I was unaware that pilot pay at jetBlue could cause such distruction. I would have thought it was all the governments fault for letting all the "Cherry Picker" airlines just fly the money routes while the legacies had to continue there hub and spoke system for the sake of the world economy. But what do I know.

NWA's own union leader son DW should be the only one denied a jumpseat! ALPA=Tyco under DW.

I also find it funny that everytime any other airline out there tried to raise ticket prices guess who didnt follow along causing the other airlines to rescind the price increase. NWA.

Flyforhire is drinking some good anti-JB koolaide. How does a small startup bring down a global airline again? Maybe if you grew some onions and voted down that TA, things would be different.

Shall we compare ALPA captain rates to JB rates. Last I saw, the assistant secretaries in Herndon were making a lot more money than a lot of Captains they represent. Nice!

It is so easy to blame others for your problems. Intellectually lazy at best.

Seriously, it is good to have you back 32LT10. Looking forward to many more one way, repetitious, suspect arguments.

As a pilot, you will always be welcome on my jumpseat, you don't even have to show an ALPA card.

Buddy at SWA relayed this little incident recently. BWI to STL. A pilot comes up to the Captain and asks for a ride. The Captain asks who he works for and the guy says "trans states", then shows him his GOJET ID. The Captain, perplexed, asks him if he didn't just tell him he worked for trans states? The dude replies he meant trans states holdings. Needless to say, the captain wasn't very impressed and graciously sent the poor guy packing.

Written by Fly4Hire on 12-11-2005
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=839723#post839723

Text quoted below

"Trust me, the vast majority are furious over this kind of BS from our fellow pilots. NWA is a "commuter" airline with most of our employees living out of bases, and we well know the recipricocity needed for all of us to get to work.

In all fairness to this Captain though, what was the nature of the interaction between the JS and the PIC? Was it "you are not riding becuase you are JB" or was the JS presumtious or rude "I have your JS"?

Not right, but there are a lot of people on edge right now, looking for someone to vent on.

I apologize on behalf of the few idiots in our ranks, and hope this is the rare exception.

Personally I try and be real nice to you guys - I might need a reccomendation real soon :cool:"

Last edited by Fly4hire : 12-11-2005 at 13:42.

Last edited:
Written by Fly4Hire on 12-11-2005
http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=839723#post839723

Text quoted below

"Trust me, the vast majority are furious over this kind of BS from our fellow pilots. NWA is a "commuter" airline with most of our employees living out of bases, and we well know the recipricocity needed for all of us to get to work.

In all fairness to this Captain though, what was the nature of the interaction between the JS and the PIC? Was it "you are not riding becuase you are JB" or was the JS presumtious or rude "I have your JS"?

Not right, but there are a lot of people on edge right now, looking for someone to vent on.

I apologize on behalf of the few idiots in our ranks, and hope this is the rare exception.

Personally I try and be real nice to you guys - I might need a reccomendation real soon :cool:"

Last edited by Fly4hire : 12-11-2005 at 13:42.

That's pretty funny.

Folks,

I can assure you (I of course cannot speak for everyone) that the two of us who were commuting that day are always professional, respectful, and courteous when we are ASKING for a ride. I've been commuting for years now...I know the protocol. I do have an ALPA card, I am furloughed UAL, and when I requested the jumpseat the response was "Got an ALPA card?". I think the Captain was a little surprised when I produced one. After he looked it over, he signed my jumpseat pass and that was the end of the conversation. My co-worker wasn't so lucky...but acted professionally and coughed up the $35 bucks or so for the pass and got on the airplane. As far as my own experiences, they range from "make yourself at home" to an occasional denial...the last one for me being just over a year ago. I posted this time on here because it has been my observation that this seems to get more results...far more than going through...never mind. In a perfect world there would be no denials...just a whole lotta "make yourself at home". For the record, 95+% of the time I am treated excellent, and I thank those of you at NWA for getting me back and forth to work. However, the few times we run into problems I would like to do anything I can to see it go away. In my opinion the jumpseat is no place for politics...this coming from a commuter. As I read through the posts I can see most folks see it that way, sure you get the occasional fly4hire\32LT10\PFT128. These folks are the extreme and thankfully are few and far between...similar to the Captain we met the other day. How does that go...it takes one bad apple...

Latest resources

Back