• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat and Politics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well good for him. He deserves a lot of dollars for having this forum .

The guy that started this died. Ever since then, this place hadn't ben the same. (No offense to the ex-Mods)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Well good for him. He deserves a lot of dollars for having this forum .
No doubt... I just disagree about the lack of moderation.

Eventually someone is going to sue the tar out of him for failing to maintain his own forum rules and for his lack of oversight allowing people to libel other persons' names and reputations. Not necessarily in this case, but eventually someone will get some story wrong, it'll get blown out of proportion, and by the time the truth comes out he'll be lucky not to owe more in court damages than this site ever made him.

THAT'S why it should have moderation. Just good common sense to CYA. Time for sushi on Manhattan Beach. Really enjoying the west coast and Caribbean long layovers, as I know their days are numbered... :)

Let the bloodbath begin...

I am hearing that Mr. Newman just got canned. Can anyone from AAI confirm?

I'd sure hope not. Have no idea who the dude is but I'd bet a buck he wanted those words back as soon as he said them. Getting fired for it is a gross over-reaction if you ask me.

I say he apologizes and we call it even.

Gup

How's it going Brother???

As a WN captain I'll say this to the AirTran crewmembers - "my" airplane is your airplane. We're all family now and I will treat you as such.

Gup

Until a few days ago I was not sure how to feel about this whole thing. However, in BWI the other day a SW pilot called me "brother". I have to admit that small exchange gave me a nice feeling of welcome. It doesn't take much but I have changed my opinion. I am moving on and looking forward to my future with my "brothers".
--side note--
Tim is a good guy and he screwed up. I'm sure he is realizing that.

I am hearing that Mr. XXXXXXX just got canned. Can anyone from AAI confirm?

I have a lot of respect for my fellow pilots, once again, I respectfully ask you to stop posting this individual's name on here.

BTW, I also think it would be highly inappropriate to post the names of the WN pilots who were on the plane as well. That whole "chain of command" thing works great if we would use it (as opposed to circumventing the process by airing out that which could have been handled in a much more discreet and tasteful manner).

There are internal methods for handling this, and I am very confident that our jumpseat committee chairman and professional standards are very involved in direct action with the Captain, so can we please moderate ourselves on here.

Lear 70 is absolutely correct. One of the days, someone will accuse someone by name on here, only to later learn that pilot was not culpable at all...too late...damage done and innocent pilot's name dragged thru the mud and reputation tarnished.

(Once again, I don't have all the facts, but I trust that the jumpseat and pro-stan reps are very sensitive to mutual professional conduct, and they will handle this this right way.)

I'd sure hope not. Have no idea who the dude is but I'd bet a buck he wanted those words back as soon as he said them. Getting fired for it is a gross over-reaction if you ask me.

I say he apologizes and we call it even.

Gup

Well put, Gup. Thanks for seeing it for what it likely is . . . . temporary insanity. I don't know the pilot in question, but from what I hear, this seems to be an example of a pilot with no prior problems who let the stress of the merger affect his conduct in a very unprofessional way. I am sure that by now, reality has "smacked him upside the head" and he is probably much chagrined.

Over the past 14 months, there are plenty of examples of "good people behaving badly" under the stresses of the SLI process. I think we many of us would like to take back a few things we've said, written, or thought :0.

I am very certain that this could be handled very effectively by the two unions' Professional Standards committees, and would hope that all of us, as pilots, would support an issue "between pilots" be resolved by Pro Standards, rather than by a Termination or Suspension. I would think that this could be an opportunity to acknowledge the problem, and to show a little mercy towards those who are still struggling to deal with the changes in their lives. From what I have heard, SWAPA would support a Pro Standards resolution, and I think this would be a goodwill gesture that would be welcomed and appreciated.

Last edited:
+1 Gup
+1 Ty
+1 brother terrehautesux

Last edited:
I am very certain that this could be handled very effectively by the two unions' Professional Standards committees, and would hope that all of us, as pilots, would support an issue "between pilots" be resolved by Pro Standards, rather than by a Termination or Suspension. I would think that this could be an opportunity to acknowledge the problem, and to show a little mercy towards those who are still struggling to deal with the changes in their lives. From what I have heard, SWAPA would support a Pro Standards resolution, and I think this would be a goodwill gesture that would be welcomed and appreciated.

Our Pro standards is a waste of time and a paper tiger. 100% worthless, with a bunch a little girls in the positions. If I was the said pilot, I would go down to DAL(solo) and talk to SWA mgt. .Tell your side,dont lye and man up. SWAPA Pro, Standards would hurt this guy more than help.

Latest resources

Back