• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jumpseat and Politics

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If that is truly how it went down, then please accept an apology from all of us. I don't know of anyone who would find that acceptable behavior. I imagine there is a very long line to stand in, if you want to "have a word with him" about it.

However, if you are going to name someone on this forum. at least have the stones to sign your own name when you do so. Anything else seems pretty cowardly.

50Pesos, it's not too hard to figure out who people are on here, for example, figuring out what Floptions guy was in a certain 6/08 class. ;)

While I understand what you are saying, I have refined my position on this to.... Non Reving and jumpseating are an earned right.

I disagree. They are a negotiated benefit. Ask DAL pilots who didn't even have access to their OWN cockpit jumpseat until they gave up something in negotiations.

Because of that, I have a hard time granting access to the jumpseat to non-Union pilots, especially those that are actively undercutting my contract.

You don't see non-Union electricians going down to the IBEW hall and asking for a ride to the jobsite, do you?

Complaining about one incident after one of the most contentious mergers in modern history? I think your lucky there were no fist fights. This was a professionally sold deal leaving one side holding the short end of the stick. Just read the continuing posts by the handful of SW pilots, they certainly look like professional jobs. Someone imposing the view that "well, yes we stuck you with a bad deal but it could have been worse, so let's all be pals now".

Complaining about one incident after one of the most contentious mergers in modern history? I think your lucky there were no fist fights. This was a professionally sold deal leaving one side holding the short end of the stick. Just read the continuing posts by the handful of SW pilots, they certainly look like professional jobs. Someone imposing the view that "well, yes we stuck you with a bad deal but it could have been worse, so let's all be pals now".

You are a very angry idiot. Funny how the biggest sissy on FI talks about fists fights. You are more of a hair pulling, and scratching type I bet. :)

I disagree. They are a negotiated benefit. Ask DAL pilots who didn't even have access to their OWN cockpit jumpseat until they gave up something in negotiations.

Because of that, I have a hard time granting access to the jumpseat to non-Union pilots, especially those that are actively undercutting my contract.

You don't see non-Union electricians going down to the IBEW hall and asking for a ride to the jobsite, do you?

Isn't the mixing of politics and rides the topic?

I'm sure a person of such high principles and moral superiority would be on the phone to Enterprise Rent-a Car before he/she would stoop so low as to bum a ride from a non-union neighbor.

Once had a guy give me serious crap about my union status. His jumpseat, his choice. Then, the very same guy shows up a week or so later wanting, no, expecting a ride.

Once had a guy give me serious crap about my union status. His jumpseat, his choice. Then, the very same guy shows up a week or so later wanting, no, expecting a ride.

Well, its wrong to deny a jumpseat then go to their airline and bum a ride. Don't ask if you refuse to reciprocate.

First Officer Newman? Is that you? :laugh:

Obviously struck a nerve there. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lawsuit or two regarding the results of this merger, possibly even a failure to represent against SWAPA sometime in the future.

Obviously struck a nerve there. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lawsuit or two regarding the results of this merger, possibly even a failure to represent against SWAPA sometime in the future.

You can't possibly be this ignorant in real life... Can you? How could SWAPA be named in a "failure to represent" lawsuit by Airtran pilots? By the way, this is actually a serious question for you Maru. How 'bout taking a stab at it for us curious folk on the forum. SWAPA didn't represent Airtran's pilots. ALPA did. In fact, SWAPA represented the group (SWA pilots) on the other side of the table. It was their JOB to get as much as they could for their party, just as it was ALPA's job to get what it could for Airtran pilots. If Airtran pilots have a "failure to represent" case, it would be against the union that actually was charged with representing them. Uh,... if you're not paying attention Maru, that would be ALPA, not SWAPA.

Again, I'll post my opinion that in a few years, this will be thought of as one of the smoothest pilot SLIs in history, as much as that idea burns you up personally. So I imagine you'll just keep showing up and throwing out random accusations, stupid predictions, and other crap with absolutely no basis in reality.

Bubba

Latest resources

Back