• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

July Phone Interviews

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are any of you people that got the "no thanks" pilots at a legacy carrier? I was told that they stopped hiring guys from regionals.

I'm not passing any judgment, just what a RJ guy told me on my commuting flight. I'm trying as well to figure out the magic formula.

I have heard that the interview groups are still a fair mix of all types of pilots with various backgrounds ( 121, 135, 91, mil )

9500hrs 121 4 type ratings coming from a major.

Thanks but no thanks "there are more qualified people in our data base". Phone interview went great ,lasted 15mins. I think they don't even know what they want. Oh well...... life goes on................

I dont think the amount of flight time once over the 2500 hour mins matters much, its clear they are looking for more than a pilot.....I should have worked at Chilis or Applebees .....my sim partner at my interview was a waiter in his first year at a regional...it was a plus in him getting hired.

I dont think the amount of flight time once over the 2500 hour mins matters much, its clear they are looking for more than a pilot.....I should have worked at Chilis or Applebees .....my sim partner at my interview was a waiter in his first year at a regional...it was a plus in him getting hired.

I've been working at a private jet charter company for three years, doing essentially what they do. The phone interview went well (from my perspective), and I have their mins all met no problem. I had four internal letters of recommendation and two people walked in my app together in Columbus.

I was told by a couple people (who have nothing to do with hiring anymore) that I was "basically just what they were looking for." Now a 'no thank you.' Something has changed.

Good luck to all. It's PFM.

I really have to say wow! Who knows....maybe they are throwing apps up in the air and if they land face up they pick them? It really sounds like you would have been a perfect candidate to bring in to CMH.

I really have to say wow! Who knows....maybe they are throwing apps up in the air and if they land face up they pick them? It really sounds like you would have been a perfect candidate to bring in to CMH.

That's what a lot of people inside told me at least. I wasn't being cocky... rather, I was very, very prepared for the phone interview and had planned on the same for the personal interview.

But like you said, just as several of my friends at NJ have said... who knows what they want?

Latest resources

Back