Judge Silver issued her decision in Addington II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
hold on there, Skippy....

Are there any sweeter 5 words in English language?

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but let's save that statement for a few years from now and see if you still feel the same. If they roll out the In 'N Out Burger truck. You had better eat up and celebrate fast. It may not last.

LOS is time active at the company. So how much active time do you have? I can tell you it is less than a 2003 AWA hire.

Well a 2003 hire is coming up on his 11th yr this year correct? Whereas the '99 hires are either already at 11th yr or also coming up to 11th year this year.

Seems if it went straight LOS, then those '99 guys would be mixed in with the '03 hires, not stapled below the '05 hires. A couple hundred numbers I suppose.

Now if they go LOS adjusted for relative position, What does a 12/03 hire hold right now? Bottom line holder? top reserve? Middle Line holder?

Way to many factors to get into a pissing match just yet I suppose.

Bottom line, we wait and see what happens again.

Apparently you've either never read the work rules that AWA is giving up in the MOU because of USAPA, or you can only cope by living in the past you so casually trashed.

I am sure that you know the pay rates US had in ancient antiquity were solely a result of the hard work and sacrifice of pilots at other airlines such as UAL, EAL and NWA. US never summoned the courage to defend their profession via a serious work action. You simply rode the tide and claimed credit for creating the sea.

AWA was an anchor on this industry. Always was from day 1. Not only are you wrong about USAirs rates and work rules, but even if you were right, it is something that AWA never did.

I know that the truth hurts. Keep suing.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but let's save that statement for a few years from now and see if you still feel the same. If they roll out the In 'N Out Burger truck. You had better eat up and celebrate fast. It may not last.
USAPA has been such a disaster that APA would have to set new frontiers in abuse and stupidity to even get close. APA sees USAPA for what it is and if that is the only common ground I have with them I will still be better off.

I know that the truth hurts.
Sure you do. The truth is that AWA had better:
Pay
Vacation
LTD
STD
Deadhead pay
Cancellation Pay
Schedules

Should I keep going on? Just because the truth hurts doesn't mean you have to be a masochist. Oh, wait USAPA supporters seem to derive pleasure from destroying their careers.

So I'll continue:

Cabin Jumpseat
Starting Pay

Sure you do. The truth is that AWA had better:
Pay
Vacation
LTD
STD
Deadhead pay
Cancellation Pay
Schedules

Should I keep going on? Just because the truth hurts doesn't mean you have to be a masochist. Oh, wait USAPA supporters seem to derive pleasure from destroying their careers.

So I'll continue:

Cabin Jumpseat
Starting Pay

Well, you can cloud the issue all you want, since you know that you are wrong.
The actual facts are that USAir was in a BK contract, and had been the leader or right next to the leader in the industry in terms of compensation.

AWA never did anything to raise the bar anywhere, and had a marginally better contract (and that is debatable) than a contract resulting from a twice bankrupt carrier.

Indisputable.

Well a 2003 hire is coming up on his 11th yr this year correct? Whereas the '99 hires are either already at 11th yr or also coming up to 11th year this year.

Seems if it went straight LOS, then those '99 guys would be mixed in with the '03 hires, not stapled below the '05 hires. A couple hundred numbers I suppose.

Now if they go LOS adjusted for relative position, What does a 12/03 hire hold right now? Bottom line holder? top reserve? Middle Line holder?

Way to many factors to get into a pissing match just yet I suppose.

Bottom line, we wait and see what happens again.

Probably about 40 lines holders Jr to me.
All 2003 hires are in year 11.

The actual facts are that USAir was in a BK contract, and had been the leader or right next to the leader in the industry in terms of compensation.
Which is sadder, the fact that you are talking about ancient history, or the fact that the BK contract was brought on by the pilots themselves (that wildly successful "Full Pay to the Last Day" campaign)?

Indisputable.

So true

Latest resources

Back