• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Judge Silver issued her decision in Addington II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pay a real lawyer a few bucks to tell you what Silver said. Your McKee notes are wildly inaccurate!

Really don't need a real lawyer to interpret what she wrote. It's pretty much plain as day if you take off your blinders...

Sure she doesn't like how usapa operates or maybe there lawyers. But as she stated, there is nothing she can do about it. nothing illegal about it. Show me a judge who is in love with a high powered criminal atty, whom seems to win the game more than the prosecutor. You probably can't find one. Does that make the judge more inclined to rule guilty in the face of the facts? Nope, sure doesn't.

So where does it say in the orders that usapa breached it's DFR or that the west self appointed reps will have any say anywhere?

Can you please post the letter or briefing where Marty states that all this order is hog wash, and ulitmately you will get the NIC and a seat at the SLI table? \

Nope, didn't think so. so be quiet and see what happens from here on out...

Hey Crzi I hear your union is backing off of DOH and going to LOS? How do you feel about that? That will still ensure you are below the majority of AWA pilots.

You mean like the AirCal, Reno Air, and TWA pilots? No, the Easties have so far been the luckiest since they were saved by Parker from almost certain liquidation, and then their union scheme has so far worked. We all know the Easties got lucky, because BINDING arbitration usually means just that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not just luck but Smashingly well played. They've just about done it. 10 years ago these guys were carrying their flight bags home with them so they could keep them when the place shut down & they padlocked the crew room. 17 yr. guys on the street. And they have managed not only to survive but bring everybody back and more, dodge binding arbitration and keep their DOH, get pay and T's & C's Airways wouldn't have dreamed of, and wind up retiring in the employ, at long last, of a real airline. Barry Bonds, step aside!

Last edited:
Hey Crzi I hear your union is backing off of DOH and going to LOS? How do you feel about that? That will still ensure you are below the majority of AWA pilots.

LOS does much better than the nic. Will still be above those hired after I was.....TY

I guess some of those hired at US, furloughed, then hired at AWA are a little upset? Are you?

The biggest mistake Usair did was dropping ALPA

Look at DL and NWA after all it was what it was
UAL and CAL same there .....

it only cost them half a million in wages

LOS does much better than the nic. Will still be above those hired after I was.....TY

I guess some of those hired at US, furloughed, then hired at AWA are a little upset? Are you?
LOS is time active at the company. So how much active time do you have? I can tell you it is less than a 2003 AWA hire.

APA just filed single carrier today.

From Judge Silvers Order

And when USAPA is no longer the
certified representative, it must immediately stop participating in the seniority integration.15

15 The parties have not explained how the process contemplated by the MOU could
ever take effect. The MOU contemplates the need for arbitration but also requires the postmerger
carrier remain neutral. Under the Court?s reading of McCaskill-Bond, there will be
no need for arbitration because, based on explicit language in the MOU, prior to the
arbitration, there will have been an election and there will be only one certified representative
for all pilots. Simply put, with the carrier having promised neutrality, there will not be two
parties to go to arbitration. Whether the post-merger carrier?s promise to remain neutral
regarding seniority violates the obligations imposed on it by McCaskill-Bond is an open
question and one not presented in this case.

APA INFORMATION HOTLINE

APA FILES SINGLE-CARRIER PETITION: Today, the APA leadership and general counsel filed a petition for single-carrier/single-transportation-system status with the National Mediation Board (NMB). This filing is done to determine the representative body for the pilots of the new American Airlines as we proceed with upcoming joint collective bargaining agreement negotiations and the seniority integration process.

The NMB will conduct an investigation to determine if American Airlines and US Airways should be considered a single carrier for transportation purposes and if an election for representation should be considered. Other unions may intervene in the election if they provide an adequate "showing of interest."

Your leadership anticipates that APA will become the representative organization for the combined pilot group. The NMB will likely render its decision within the next six months.

Latest resources

Back