• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Judge Silver issued her decision in Addington II

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hired at AWA.....an airline not even on most folks radar....and now going to be working for AA soon to be the largest airline and they still bitch. Ask me you all got lucky.

Hired at AWA.....an airline not even on most folks radar....and now going to be working for AA soon to be the largest airline and they still bitch. Ask me you all got lucky.

You mean like the AirCal, Reno Air, and TWA pilots? No, the Easties have so far been the luckiest since they were saved by Parker from almost certain liquidation, and then their union scheme has so far worked. We all know the Easties got lucky, because BINDING arbitration usually means just that.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Ask me you all got lucky.
No one asked you. Were you lucky to dig up the most incompetent union "leaders" to ever line their pockets with your money?

How lucky was a group who enjoyed rapid upgrades to be saddled with both bailing out a decrepit legacy also-ran and a union too stupid to see they were paying for the AA merger with LOA93 rates.

I have to ask you, are you feeling lucky, punk?

No, Lucky is you and your MDA friends who were hired at a regional and got padded into the bottom of the seniority list. What's it like to go from a regional to the largest airline in the world without interviewing?

If the APA is smart

Only the APA knows for sure as they have 100% of the control over what goes to the arbitrators. But those arbitrators will no doubt look back on the work of one of their own and it will likely resemble the Nic.

:D

The APA would be wise to sit the USAIR group down at the kiddie table and make them come up with an agreement that everyone signs before attempting to fold the group into the American list. Bring the NIC, NIC Jr. as you put it, money, guns and lawyers, etc. and make it happen. This would help keep the APA out of a DFR between the East and the West. IMO.

USAPA won't allow any reps from the west, and frankly I agree. They wanted to be the sole rep and they have confiscated millions of dollars from the west. They need to be held accountable for their actions, or refund us all our dues.

There should be a comic book guide to dealing with USAPA, available at the USAPA bookstore. I think Jeff Foxworthy wrote it.

"If you'd rather pay lawyers to help you undermine the unity of the pilot group, you might be USAPA"

"If you believe that an average 8% difference in seniority or 18 month delay in upgrade is worth fighting for 8 years and spending 30 million dollars, you might be USAPA"

"If you feel paying yourself pennies on the dollar in a signing bonus is an investment, you might be USAPA"

and finally

"If you think DOH is the gold standard just because you put it in your C&BLs, you might be USAPA"

Last edited:
wow just wow. How many more millions is the west going to sink into lawsuits which the judges continue to tell them they are wrong?

USAPA won't allow any reps from the west, and frankly I agree. They wanted to be the sole rep and they have confiscated millions of dollars from the west. They need to be held accountable for their actions, or refund us all our dues.

There should be a comic book guide to dealing with USAPA, available at the USAPA bookstore. I think Jeff Foxworthy wrote it.

"If you'd rather pay lawyers to help you undermine the unity of the pilot group, you might be USAPA"

"If you believe that an average 8% difference in seniority or 18 month delay in upgrade is worth fighting for 8 years and spending 30 million dollars, you might be USAPA"

"If you feel paying yourself pennies on the dollar in a signing bonus is an investment, you might be USAPA"

and finally

"If you think DOH is the gold standard just because you put it in your C&BLs, you might be USAPA"

Love those generalizations of the NIC award, I was looking at much more than 8% difference in seniority and much much more than 18months upgrade time.

Was the money and time worth it? Definitely, if nothing else. To see the west have a coronary and their infinite spin on the latest ruling.

How ya gonna get out of this one? How much more money does Marty need going forward?

Is Marty's new law firm having a little problem, with no damages coming forth?

Latest resources

Back