• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Judge blocks strike at Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is all well and good. Most of us are trying to move on from this sorry excuse of a regional airline. NetJets is a great company and many of us would like to work there. I just interviewed there earlier this month, out of the 10 that interviewed 3 were hired. One, was told by an interviewer that because they are getting so many apps they are starting to get picky. You can interpret that anyway you want. It is not as easy to move on as you seem to think, and that is not because people are lazy. I will gladly quit the day this crap is imposed and stand up for this profession, But, the team is going to have to help me pay my mortgage while I find another job. It's easy to talk tall when your outside looking in.
Sorry, not trying to rage on any one person, just screaming-hot-pissed about this whole situation.:angryfire

No bad feeling taken. Of course Netjets is getting picky. So is FedEx and SWA. After those three, there is a pretty steep drop in quality of emplyment possibilities.

Good for you on your decision to walk out if terms are imposed. I would do the same, but my family couldn't afford for me to be a professional FO in the regionals. I walked early.

To all of you still left at XJ I am truly sorry for the situation that this continues to be. I rode one airline into CH7 and was at Mesaba through CH11 and proactively left at the beginning of this year. The only advice I can give you is leave. Leave at what ever cost it is to you. If it means selling your house and moving your family, do it. You will be better off starting over outside of the MSP job market. It is the most depressed and saturated job market I've ever seen, and I had tried to go to aviation and non-aviation jobs there. I finally came to the conclusion that I had to move across the country to find the right job. Open your eyes to the fact that XJ will never be a good career opportunity despite the quality and effort of its employees. No union, no political figure, and no vote will change that company. If you go anywhere new, your professionalism and work ethic will allow you to advance to where your experience should have taken you long ago at XJ, and you will do it before you can even recover to where you were a year ago at Mesaba. And if you are going to go, you may as well do it all at once so you can leave with a smile on your face.

This is simply my opinion from my personal experience there. I know the decisions aren't easy, but best of luck to each of you.

byei

FWIW, I have known Lear since 2001 and, c0cky pr!ck though he is, he does practice what he preaches.

I think the only reason Pinnacle management never termed him (despite heading their 'most wanted' list) was they knew he was looking for a chance to sue--and win.

Does anyone know what terms are being imposed on the Flight Attendants? Hopefully we can see some mass resignations from that side too.

So as a 3 year FO @ XJ is it really time to splt. Go to another regional and pray the same old sh-t doesn't happen again. I really don't want to start from ground zero. XJ has been an emotional roller coaster since the day I got hired. I just can't imagine another 6 years at a regional. Guess we are a bunch of villagers trying to burn down the castle. FU Spandex and ur puppet judge! No matter what, I'll never forget the crews I learned from since day one.

FWIW, I have known Lear since 2001 and, c0cky pr!ck though he is, he does practice what he preaches.
Ummm.... thanks? :p

I think the only reason Pinnacle management never termed him (despite heading their 'most wanted' list) was they knew he was looking for a chance to sue--and win.
Well, that and I usually was right when it came to contract rights. I wasn't this aggressive when I started there, it took a couple years of the "Pinnacle Treatment" before I got to that point.

I think the main thing I did that pissed the off was always fight tooth and nail VERY PUBLICALLY AND VERBALLY when they violated the contract and sometimes just refused the flight. Never, ever, ever let them violate it, even slightly. That's what "fly the contract" means.

At least I sleep better at night, and it hasn't really been necessary here, this place may not be the top-paying place to be, but I get to fly my trips, they leave me alone (no j/a's or ext's), and it is easy to manipulate my schedule to get days off I need even if I can't bid them off.

All I can say to the guys at XJ is do what your heart, ethics, and morals dictate. You'll eventually get to a better place of employment and will be happier for the WAY you accomplished it. I hope most of you are like the friends I have there, and I wish you the best of luck!

Last edited:
looks as there may be some tech logs full of write-ups...

Being on the outside, I really can't tell anyone what to do. But it seems to me, on Thursday, the company will impose the TA. Here's what I see happening:

1. Pilots get angry
2. Union appeals
3. Very few people quit
4. Some pilots fly slower or try and come up with write ups
5. The union appeal process takes months and goes nowhere
6. Meanwhile Mesaba is handed some fancy jets
7. Everyone there forgets what a s#&t sandwhich they're eating

I hope I'm wrong. I know that the people on this board are very militant, but do not necessarily speak for the majority of Mesaba pilots. Again, being on the outside (I'm on the outside because I looked for a job and found a really good one...it's not that hard folks), it's really easy for me to say this:

The minute the TA is imposed should be the last minute you worked for Mesaba. Anything else, management wins.

Best of luck to you guys and gals over there. You deserve better.

Latest resources

Back