• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Judge blocks strike at Mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm just guessing, but I forecast more writeups at outstations.... especially ones where a mechanic has to drive 2-3 hours to the airport.

The question is why aren't you doing that NOW? If it's broken write it up wherever it is and let your company deal with it.

Hello, freedom? Civil Rights? Helllooooo, are you out there?

Say what you will about Michael Moore, he got one thing right when he named his film:

"DUDE, WHERE'S MY COUNTRY?"

This is NOT the America I grew up in.

Jesus F*cking X......

The New York transit workers struck illegally. No one went to jail. The union just had to pay big fines. If you all stick together and strike anyway, you will probably lose your jobs, but might actually help the profession. I am not in your shoes. Best of luck. I would personally quit on my own just to get out of the situation. Actually, I would quit at an outstation, jumpseat home, then tell the company.

This is a very dangerous precedent to set for everyone in
the airline industry. Right now, the unions mean NOTHING
and we are completely at the mercy of the company to
decide what they want to pay us. No bargaining necessary,
because the company will impose as needed to undercut
the last company in the race to the bottom.

Expect ALPA to fight it, but this was a huge loss for labor
everywhere in the airline industry.

Labor has no bargaining power. Until a pilot group sacrifices its jobs, we have no power. Management knows we will not strike. They put court orders against us and call our bluff. Until we put a real fear of shutting the airlines down, they will pay us what they feel like, and we will work for it. Why? Because most of us like to fly. The more I think about this, the more upset I get, and I do not even work for Mesaba. I understand that this will affect me eventually long term. This will affect all of us eventually.

Labor has no bargaining power. Until a pilot group sacrifices its jobs, we have no power. Management knows we will not strike. They put court orders against us and call our bluff. Until we put a real fear of shutting the airlines down, they will pay us what they feel like, and we will work for it. Why? Because most of us like to fly. The more I think about this, the more upset I get, and I do not even work for Mesaba. I understand that this will affect me eventually long term. This will affect all of us eventually.

You're right.

Sadly, another gutless legal turd who exists in the hip pocket of "business" looks the other way on his ethical responsibilities for whatevedr reason...........cash comes to mind.

Whomever stays at Mesaba under those conditions desrves his/her pay/benfefits (loose term).

The only decision now is to continue to exist on your knees or send a message that self respect demands you walk away on your feet.

The Mesaba scumbags are now holding their breath to see if they dominate and own the lost souls in those uniforms.

The next week will determine if those souls are doomed to purgatory or have the courage and fortitude to move toward the light.

For EVERY pilot there, this is THE moment in your career that will follow YOU (not outside you, but inside) forever.

Abused victim or determined survivor...............that's the choice.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back