Jpwa Ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What is DAL's current DC %?

What is the total % currently going into your retirement accounts?

Is there a match, or do they just put it in?

Thanks

ACL's post is better than mine. See below.

Last edited:
9% dc, 2% 401K
LOA 19 Brought the DC to 11% this would make it 13% DC 2% 401K and if LOA 19 was preserved we are looking at an option of 2% more, 1 each the last two years of the agreement. (15% DC and 2% 401K for a total of 17% in to a retirement plan) not bad if true.

For some strange reason I would not go near either gold or oil right now. I am not investing in it.

What's the difference between the DC and the 401k contribution?

Are they both fully vested in the pilot's name?

Also, does LOA 19 specify how the equity will be paid out, ie into the retirement plan?

This would be a huge improvement for the junior NWA guys, as we're currently at 6% contribution to the 401k.

9% dc, 2% 401K
LOA 19 Brought the DC to 11% this would make it 13% DC 2% 401K and if LOA 19 was preserved we are looking at an option of 2% more, 1 each the last two years of the agreement. (15% DC and 2% 401K for a total of 17% in to a retirement plan) not bad if true.

Don't forget we will get equity and that could fill up our 401Ks for 2009, which will mean each 2nd check of the month will have the DC percentage and 2% 401K match as cash---added to your normal pay. It can really add up, kinda like an extra bonus.

Bye Bye--General Lee

What's the difference between the DC and the 401k contribution?

The DC is the pension replacement and the 401k is what is offered to all Delta employees

Are they both fully vested in the pilot's name?

Yes

Also, does LOA 19 specify how the equity will be paid out, ie into the retirement plan?

Yes the money is split into two groups. The first group will be divided evenly among the pilots. The second group is allocated based on seniority. It is to be deposited to the extent allowed by the IRS into your 401K to avoid taxes the rest will come to you as cash

This would be a huge improvement for the junior NWA guys, as we're currently at 6% contribution to the 401k.

Lets hope the rumors are true

I agree LEE. It really depends on the valuation of the company. Keep in mind that LOA19 and all of its improvements will be dead once we get an SLI. To that end I would expect the pay out to be a little different than it was in LOA 19.
Maybe 5% from the 3.5%. Spread that out over all 12,000 of us, it will probably be a little less than LOA 19.

All of the DC and 401K monies are put in to two separate accts. You manage them, and are allotted two sessions per year with the investors per the PWA. Kind of a nice tool and I have used it to my advantage. There are plenty of options that keep bed time reading quite boring. It is good to have options and I am glad that we do.
It is suffice to say that this deal will be a huge gain for the NWA guys. After all it should be, I guess if could be a payout to have to wear our hat and double breasted coast (TIC :laugh: )

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back