• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jpwa Ta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The NWA MEC wouldnt have signed off on it if it didnt have instant parity.

Heyas Super,

While I agree, technically, this was an agreement between the DAL/NWA negotiating team and DAL management.

The NWA ALPA MEC still has to approve or reject it, which will happen on Thursday. Only then will it go out for MEMRAT.

In practice, the MEC sets "bottom lines" to the NC before they go in, so assuming this was the case, parity would be part of the deal.

Nu

Can someone explain the "parity" that has been mentioned? Are you talking about one group being "on par" with the other right away with regard to pay, or scheduling, or retirement, etc? Just curious.

Thanks,

Q/F

Can someone explain the "parity" that has been mentioned? Are you talking about one group being "on par" with the other right away with regard to pay, or scheduling, or retirement, etc? Just curious.

Thanks,

Q/F

Parity = same pay and rules for all starting Day 1.

Give me a break

Being gentlemen, I'll be waiting for my NWA co-workers to apologize for all the names they called the Delta pilots and the Delta MEC after LOA19.

Turns out that once again, the Delta MEC spoke the truth about their intentions.

Keeping my fingers crossed that we have a Section 1 that will keep us employed and NWA's 75 hour reserve guarantee.

You know what, there is enough bad news floating around this horse$$t career of ours right now. Save the commentary for later.

This is GOOD news assuming it even has the CHANCE of going to respective pilot groups for a vote.

Just once, I know it is really hard to do, but can you try to look at the bright side instead of trying to be divisive? (Not throwing darts at you, just the entire body of NWA/DAL pilots) We were working toward a joint PWA the whole time. You guys just did what you had to do to protect yourself. It was a little underhanded but in the long run it looks like cooler heads have prevailed. Let's just enjoy it for the time being.

You know what, there is enough bad news floating around this horse$$t career of ours right now. Save the commentary for later.

This is GOOD news assuming it even has the CHANCE of going to respective pilot groups for a vote.

Just once, I know it is really hard to do, but can you try to look at the bright side instead of trying to be divisive? (Not throwing darts at you, just the entire body of NWA/DAL pilots) We were working toward a joint PWA the whole time. You guys just did what you had to do to protect yourself. It was a little underhanded but in the long run it looks like cooler heads have prevailed. Let's just enjoy it for the time being.

just HAVING a job in this airline industry environment is worth being thankful! i think?

I believe that the point of the JPWA is that there are no DAL and NWA pilots only DAL pilots. I understand that, this is a rosy little picture, but it is fact. It will be more so when seniority is agreed to.

I'm interested to see the details...

Mo money? Mo betta work rules?

Rumor is parity from day 1, 2% to the DC, and a few other cookies. Nothing major.
An agreement to a path to an SLI, but no PID.
We will see how seniority goes, but there are a few variables there. I am sure that it will be close to relative.

So LOA 19 pay was preserved?

How about Section 1?

I interpreted Moak's update to an effort to manage expectations, but if the joint agreement keeps LOA19 and adds scope, Compass, or a little DC, all the better!

Where's Occam?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back