John Deere is looking for FO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dizel8 said:
AAslag, were is your avatar from, looks like an awesome painting?

I found it during a Google image search. Typed in spitfire and it came up on the first page. I don't know who the artist is but I'm going to try and find out. Just thought it was cool.

It was originally 265x198 px so I had to use crop it 150x150 for the avatar.

Slag

Last edited:
bobs98tlr said:
Get an old IH or a newer Case IH...keep it red.

What size do you have now?

<~~Tractor dork

Right now I have an older 2240 (50 horse) with front end loader and bush hog. Not a "real" farm tractor, but perfect for 5 acres. Also a JD rider. Not really a tractor, I think it's an LX172.

Old Farm Tractors

When I was growing up, my family had an old Minneapolis Moline tractor that a relative had converted to LP gas. Could pull a 4 bottom plow pretty efficiently, and we baled thousands of bales of hay every summer with it.

I wonder whether that would qualify me for a job there?

DGdaPilot said:
Minneapolis Moline tractors are the shiznit. Nothing better.

That one had a hand clutch and a live PTO. You could swing the bucket seat to one side and stand on the deck to the right of the PTO. But whatever you did, for god's sake don't fall off, cause you'll get chopped into mincemeat by that damn PTO!

AerroMatt said:
That one had a hand clutch and a live PTO. You could swing the bucket seat to one side and stand on the deck to the right of the PTO. But whatever you did, for god's sake don't fall off, cause you'll get chopped into mincemeat by that dang PTO!
Like I said, nothing better. :cool: I'm not sure that I know of many same-class tractors that could match a Minny's speed, power, and reliability. Our 2 1940's U models are still worked hard every year. The only weird thing with them is that danged split cylinder head.

DGdaPilot said:
Like I said, nothing better. :cool: I'm not sure that I know of many same-class tractors that could match a Minny's speed, power, and reliability. Our 2 1940's U models are still worked hard every year. The only weird thing with them is that danged split cylinder head.

Our Minnie was great... I never heard of the split cylinder head. Maybe because I was a young whipper-snapper at the time. All I can remember is that we once had to replace the clutch, which required splitting the entire tractor in two! Very expensive, and had to be done in a shop. JD tractor clutch replacement required removing maybe 2 inspection plates and a few hand tools. I sure do miss those old putt-putts!

Latest resources

Back