• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

John Deere is looking for FO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys sound surprised that they didn't call you. However, if your profiles are correct, you are not qualified in anything JD operates. I am sure they received many qualified resumes from pilots with time in type. Why would they want to go out and hire a green guy (no pun intended) to only train them in a new airplane?

PseudoName said:
You guys sound surprised that they didn't call you. However, if your profiles are correct, you are not qualified in anything JD operates. I am sure they received many qualified resumes from pilots with time in type. Why would they want to go out and hire a green guy (no pun intended) to only train them in a new airplane?
Yea, well I wasn't qualified in anything TWA, Continental, People Express:puke:eek:r Britt Airways had either. I expected what I got. A rejection letter.

What I expect is for them to continue the tradition. Hire a known entity that plays a similiar game of golf, drives a similiar vehicle and part his (or her) hair on the same side.

No sir I do not expect a company with their profits to actually "train" a new hire. I expect the uninitiated to immediately walk in off the street with daddy's type in hand and start wiping down struts.

No, I am not surprised at all. It is par for the course. Pun intended.

Last edited:
So using your logic, when they eventually change their existing fleet they should fire their pilot staff and replace them with only current and qualified type individuals.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
bobs98tlr said:
Get an old IH or a newer Case IH...keep it red.

What size do you have now?

<~~Tractor dork

I had forgotten about International Harvester. My dead grandpa would be pissed.

I also forgot about his old Oliver. The first vehicle I ever drove. Hydraulic front end loader w/PTU.

He waited until my mom left for the store. I was probably 9.

AAslag, were is your avatar from, looks like an awesome painting?

AAslag said:
I had forgotten about International Harvester. My dead grandpa would be pissed.

I also forgot about his old Oliver. The first vehicle I ever drove. Hydraulic front end loader w/PTU.

He waited until my mom left for the store. I was probably 9.

I second Dizel8 about the pic.

I was the same way with the fist machine i drove, it was a IH Combine (1460) My dad made me wait till my mom left so i could drive it otherwise she would b!^(H. Now i just fly over the Iowa ever other weekend and help friends out on the farm....it gives me the farm boy experiance i missed out on..haha.

Latest resources

Back