• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

John Deere is looking for FO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Nope. Not a thing from Deere or, for that matter; Toyota, Monsanto, Emerson, Koch, Pinnacle, Eli Lilly, Simon, Jet Blue, GM, Ford, Champion, Du Pont, SWA, NGA, O'Reilly, Blackwater, JetCorp, JetDirect, NJ, NJI, Citation Shares, Beech Exec., Inland Container, HP, Coke, Air Force (civilian; non-flying), Anheuser-Busch, Virgin, Boeing, FAA.....etc. My Mom is not even returning my calls.

Edited to add AA (recall)

Last edited:
AAslag said:
Nope. Not a thing from Deere or, for that matter; Toyota, Monsanto, Emerson, Koch, Pinnacle, Eli Lilly, Simon, Jet Blue, GM, Ford, Champion, Du Pont, SWA, NGA, O'Reilly, Blackwater, JetCorp, JetDirect, NJ, NJI, Citation Shares, Beech Exec., Inland Container, HP, Coke, Air Force (civilian; non-flying), Anheuser-Busch, Virgin, Boeing, FAA.....etc. My Mom is not even returning my calls.

Edited to add AA (recall)
I feel a little better now, I thought it was just me everyone ignored.

They have a citation X as well. I know a guy that retired as head of MX there. Very stable company. Obviously the flight department has had some ups and downs. From what i know this seems like a great place to be.

Steer clear of that flt. dept. They eat their young. Great Company, but a horrible morale in flt. ops. Scott L. was probably let go because he was considered an outsider, and some of the more senior pilots there don't like outsiders. If you still decide to go there however, best of luck, but watch your back and trust no one.

Saluki Dawg said:
Steer clear of that flt. dept. They eat their young. Great Company, but a horrible morale in flt. ops. Scott L. was probably let go because he was considered an outsider, and some of the more senior pilots there don't like outsiders. If you still decide to go there however, best of luck, but watch your back and trust no one.

Details?????

I interned with them about 10 years ago when Scott L. was still the Chief Pilot. Needless to say, things didn't work out as I'm obviously not a pilot with them and decided to go the airline route instead. I prefer not going into specific detail, but will say that unless A LOT has changed since my very brief stint there, then I wouldn't set foot near that place. It is very political and a good old boys club, i.e., they don't like outsiders from other flight depts, or the airlines.

Again, this is just one perspective from my very short time there, which was admittedly a long time ago. But, if I had it to do over again, I wouldn't have had anything to do with that place. But it was fun riding on the GV and CL601, though.

Well I want to be there just cause I'm a born and raised midwest farm boy....turned pilot. Come on, how many of you seriously have any idea of what's entailed with the ag industry, particularly John Deere. :p

I interviewed with Deere several years back as I mentioned earlier. The interview (then) was an interview with all of the pilots. The first interview, I sat across from a table of maybe six of their pilots and answered in depth questions from all of them. It was sometimes the good cop-bad cop routine. I found it to be a bit distressing but just assumed it was their way of draining the bilge water. The second interview was more of the same. I remember one of their requirements was sitting in the right seat for 100 hours or something like that in the 650. Again, I just figured that was their ops but I had 2000 hours in the plane and was a check airman in it. Oh well. An inside source told me of the politics but said it was a good place to work.
My guess is things have changed - obviously from a people and an equipment standpoint. I really wanted that job but I also believe things happen for a reason so ...... I think its a good company to work for and you could do tons worse. Send in the resume, interview and maybe its for you. If you don't get the job, you have accomplished an interview with a Fotune 500(?) company and you gather that experience towards the next time.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back