John Deere is looking for FO's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dizel8 said:
AAslag, were is your avatar from, looks like an awesome painting?

The artist is Roy Grinnell, and the print is called Eagles Prey.

Now, can I meet your avatar?

Looks like they're at it again. Did they ever hire earlier this year?

document.write(''); User Name: [email protected][IMG]https://johndeere.taleo.net/700/700PRD.5.0.21.3.0/htdocs/images/CareerSection/_shim_1px1p_transparent.gif[/IMG][IMG]https://johndeere.taleo.net/700/700PRD.5.0.21.3.0/htdocs/images/CareerSection/_shim_1px1p_transparent.gif[/IMG][IMG]https://johndeere.taleo.net/700/700PRD.5.0.21.3.0/htdocs/images/CareerSection/_shim_1px1p_transparent.gif[/IMG]Exit
Corporate Pilot - Captain – 0000024736

Apply Online
Description
Located in Moline, Illinois, the Deere & Company World Headquarters is both a busy administrative hub, and a tangible symbol of the company's values. On a 1,400 acre campus, along with several satellite locations, the World Headquarters houses the executive and administrative staffs of Deere's divisions, along with a variety of company-wide functions such as communications, finance, supply management, information technology and human resources. With more than 2,400 employees, this diverse population also provides organizational and strategic support for the company. From satellite mapping technology in the Agricultural Equipment division and GPS locator systems for construction equipment, to global interconnectivity across parts distribution networks —employees at the World Headquarters help strengthen the cause of progress throughout the enterprise. Appropriately, the Deere & Company World Headquarters stands in the city where John Deere opened his first factory in 1848. Both practically and symbolically, these facilities act as a foundation on which rests the rich and diverse history, culture, and organization of the global enterprise that is John Deere. View location information to learn more about the area.

One of the benefits of working at John Deere is our comprehensive career development program. Our employees' internal resumes are accessible on-line by managers and human resources, allowing them to match employee interests with company needs—in short, getting the right people in the right jobs, at the right time.

John Deere World Headquarters is seeking a Captain to be responsible for the safe transport of company personnel during domestic and international flights. In this position, you will:
  • Pilot the aircraft. A minimum of 50% travel time away from Moline, IL. Flight time may include weekends, holidays, and off-hours as the business needs dictate.
  • Review emergency procedures and brief passengers regarding these procedures.
  • Ensure the airworthiness of the aircraft.
  • Review operational procedures for all John Deere Corporate flight operations.
  • Compute aircraft performance in accordance to the conditions of the flight and ensure limitations are not exceeded.
  • Research current weather conditions along with forecasts, trends, "notices to airmen" and Temporary Flight Restrictions for points of departure, destinations and alternates on the route of the flight, to ensure safety.
  • Calculate Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) for the flight plans and file them with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA).
  • Ensure all pilots, aircraft and passenger qualifications and documentation is current and meets regulations for federal and state operations.
  • Address passenger needs such as security requirements, ground transportation, catering and baggage.
  • Must posses strong customer service skills and a high degree of confidentiality.

Qualifications
Education
  • BS degree desired, but not required.
Required Skills and Experience
  • 5-7 years of Captain experience with a corporate and/or charter aviation service.
  • Accumulated a minimum of 4000+ flight hours with turbine and/or jet equipment.
  • Must be willing to travel at least 50% of the time domestically and internationally.
  • Obtained Commercial pilot Rating and Instrument Rating with Multi-Engine Rating.
  • Single Pilot Operations hours.
  • Must be able to pass FBI background check and 1st Class medical
  • High level of attention to detail and accuracy.
  • Good interpersonal skills and team oriented.
  • Skill in planning and organizing.
Desired Skills and Experience
  • Prefer Airline Transport Rating (ATP), but not required until pilot has completed Type Rating in a Deere & Company aircraft.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines. They may vary from position to position.

_shim_1px1p_transparent.gif
Summary
Job Field Operations Locations United States Organization Corporate Office Schedule Full-time Shift Variable
Additional Information
Posting te Nov 8, 2006, 12:50 PM, Chicago, Winnipeg, Dallas - (UTC -6:00)
icon_send.gif
E-mail this job to a friend
icon_return.gif
Return to the Job Posting list.Apply Online
logo_powered_by.gif