• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Joe the Plummer says, "Bring back the -9's"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are right. Money does talk to the military guys. We take a big enough pay cut for quite a few years leaving the military. Flying a small regional type jet or Beach 1900 as previously mentioned for even less money is not attractive to us at all.

This is why a single list will never fly....The military folks do not want their "squadron buddies" to start over in a "little RJ"......

While you believe that all flying should be done by one group of pilots, it is not your judgement to make. Accusing guys of forgetting their roots is two fold. just as many forget where they were headed as forget where they've been. Likewise, you have another dynamic in the way of the military pilot who has a whole different perspective. Turboprop drivers in the service are generally the ones who finished lower in class. Less skilled, if you will. Military pilots ARE a force to be reckoned with at this level, and money talks to them more than smaller aircraft as entry level aircraft at Delta. They are a large voting block at Delta, and most are beginning to see the light. Try putting yourself into 150K and up salary range and worrying about a 50K aircraft on the list. Simply put,until you've been there, you can't--so don't even bother trying

Scope battle is indeed coming to the forefront at Delta, especially as more and more civilians get hired. It will NOT come about to the satisfaction of Comair and ASA drivers. It will be slowly incorporated into the mix via flow through AND flow back, much to the chagrin of the RJDC crowd. Civilian pilots don't forget their roots, neither do military pilots. Suggesting that they have, as you have, is a slap in the face. Likewise, being insensitive to military pilots' beliefs--as most regional pilots are--is a recipe for continued frustration, and failure with respect to achieving cooperation.

That's the way it is. You don't have to like it, but it is what it is.

There you have it folks.....That is the DALPA view....At least PuffDriver finally admitted it....There is no working with this kind of attitude....

This is why a single list will never fly....The military folks do not want their "squadron buddies" to start over in a "little RJ"......

A single list will never fly because it is not practical. It is an absolute, which hardly ever happens in the real world.

There you have it folks.....That is the DALPA view....At least PuffDriver finally admitted it....There is no working with this kind of attitude....

Ah, the RJDC spin. The attitude came from the ASA and Comair pilots. Indeed, compromises were offered, and flat turned down by the ASA and Comair leadership. Hence, my quote you so eloquently spun:

It will NOT come about to the satisfaction of Comair and ASA drivers

DALPA leadership came to the table, went to bat for CMR and ASA, and were rejected. IOW, the offer wasn't satisfactory to the CMR and ASA leadership-nor will it ever be.

Also interesting is that you pull this quote:

Turboprop drivers in the service are generally the ones who finished lower in class. Less skilled, if you will.

Yet ignore this one:

Frankly, a 1900 pilot can out fly me these days. When I flew the 1900, or jetstream, or whatever, I could out fly major pilots.

Military pilots choose their aircraft based on order finished in class from available aircraft. How they finish in class is based on skill. Most choose fighters if available. This mentality carriers over the civilian world. It could be overcome with money, but the money for turboprops isn't there either.

Taking care of your own is just natural. In fact, it is what Irish boy was talking about. Remembering roots. Military guys have it nailed. They have vast numbers, at Delta, and they have a voice. The reasonable person listens to that voice, the unreasonable sue.

Now go pick up your jock and join the irish guy in the huddle. What a couple of crybabies. :crying: :crying: :crying:

Puff-

You're right, you win. What was I thinking? BTW, I don't fly regionally these days, I was fortunate to get a different job a while back. I am also not hiding behind a keyboard. Not all of us on this site are 5' 110# computer geeks so you might think twice about making those types of comments in the future to other less tolerant individuals. Try watching Full Metal Jacket sometime and you'll understand the "get some" reference.

I addressed your issues with your own quotes...but you are right, you are the winner in this contest. I won't challenge your authority ever again. How foolish am I...jacka$$!

1) The victim game doesn't work with me. 2) You ARE hiding behind a keyboard 3) The reason you are hiding behind a keyboard, as we all are, is due to the fact that there are people out there--as you just demonstrated--who are not necessarily stable. I urge the moderators to take your threat seriously. Meanwhile, I shall bow out of contact with you.

Puff-

What's that you keep saying? I can't hear you from the flight deck of my 747. Wait, does that mean I am a great pilot because I can push buttons on this thing? The fighter guys at my company with such "skill" certainly do struggle to operate the 747 initially tough guy. They also don't have your arrogance, which allows them to learn and improve over time. Guys that were driving C-130's seem to be just fine. It would appear that a fighter pilot is no better of a pilot of an airliner than the rest of us. Some military pilots seem to overlook that. AIM...what is that? What's this second alternate you keep talking about? The airline world is different from the military world. 98% of mil guys know that...I'll put you down in the 2% of arrogance that wreck it for the rest.

Puff-

What's that you keep saying? I can't hear you from the flight deck of my 747. Wait, does that mean I am a great pilot because I can push buttons on this thing? The fighter guys at my company with such "skill" certainly do struggle to operate the 747 initially tough guy. They also don't have your arrogance, which allows them to learn and improve over time. Guys that were driving C-130's seem to be just fine. It would appear that a fighter pilot is no better of a pilot of an airliner than the rest of us. Some military pilots seem to overlook that. AIM...what is that? What's this second alternate you keep talking about? The airline world is different from the military world. 98% of mil guys know that...I'll put you down in the 2% of arrogance that wreck it for the rest.

Yawn! I wasn't in the military. You still can't read. Now you have big airplane syndrome. What was that about remembering your roots? Big airplane, same regional mentality. ORD is not a big CP base. The world just got smaller for you.

Back to your playpen, baby.

..to other less tolerant individuals. Try watching Full Metal Jacket sometime and you'll understand the "get some" reference.

I see. That is a threat to you is it. Keep trying to stir the pot tough guy. I'll complete the sentence for you: other less tolerant [than me] individuals...meaning I can tolerate foolish individuals such as yourself; whereas, others might not be able to.

Now you have big airplane syndrome.

You call it a syndrome, I call it a job. I used that to retort your fighter pilots are the greatest line of logic. Doesn't matter what you fly, just how much you stay home.

ORD is not a big CP base.

I assume you looked at another thread to deduce my employment (guess again by the way, but keep trying)...are you stalking me now? Maybe the moderators that you cry to should ban you...pyscho.

You got anything else you want to say about this subject, then you PM me instead of wasting everyone else's time on this thread.

I see. That is a threat to you is it. Keep trying to stir the pot tough guy. I'll complete the sentence for you: other less tolerant [than me] individuals...meaning I can tolerate foolish individuals such as yourself; whereas, others might not be able to.

You call it a syndrome, I call it a job. I used that to retort your fighter pilots are the greatest line of logic. Doesn't matter what you fly, just how much you stay home.

I assume you looked at another thread to deduce my employment (guess again by the way, but keep trying)...are you stalking me now? Maybe the moderators that you cry to should ban you...pyscho.

You got anything else you want to say about this subject, then you PM me instead of wasting everyone else's time on this thread.

Nope, just figured it out. Now you are quoting yourself. Backpedaling. I think that we are done here. Correcting spelling errors. You arrogantly made yourself the "don't forget your roots" police, and got yourself spanked. The rest was just perks for me. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back