• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Job Opening, Air Wisconsin CRJ First Officers

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Guess I'm not even going to be considered, if they only need that many people.

DUDE!!!

Attitude is VERY important.

Drop that thought process.

Apply, and if asked to interview become an AWAC cheerleader during the interview.

I used my 'insider' request to get a pilot an interview and he punted HUGE. He walked in thinking that an internal rec. was all he needed. Frankly, it was like watching a slow motion car crash after he told me: "I don't need help with the interview. I'm good at this kind of stuff"

Holy smokes I thought. I totally misread this guy, but I am happy the Chief Pilot picked up on his 'tude. Bad on my part and really bad on the knuckle-head that I recommended.

Moral of the story: Attitude is everything!!!

PS: never recommend someone for a job. It has bitten me in the arse. I still cringe years later! uggh

Get your 'tude right and be ready!

Preparation+Opportunity=Success

Well I applied its just disheartening going up against 6000 guys more qualified than me. I really do like Air Whiskey though so who knows maybe I'll get lucky and get a call. Thanks

Well I applied its just disheartening going up against 6000 guys more qualified than me. I really do like Air Whiskey though so who knows maybe I'll get lucky and get a call. Thanks

The day I interviewed at AWAC there were 6 other people there. My resume was the least impressive of the bunch. The others had more experience, some had previous 121 and jet experience to my none. 2 of us were hired...one with the 121 experience and me. The other 4 got the dreaded rejection letter in spite of being far more qualified than I was. All they were looking for was attitude and very little else. The technical portion was almost non-existant. All they're asking themselves in the interview is "would I enjoy flying a 4-day trip or an entire month with this guy?" Not much else...A good attitude, personality and honesty.

The guy who hired me told me that one answer is what got me the job. They always ask you some sort of moral question where they make you choose between selling out a crew member or breaking a reg to protect em (and no, it's not the canned question about catching your captain drinking too close to show time)...I told him flat out that I would break the reg and protect the crew member. As I said it, I just knew I blew the interview right then...He later told me that he appreciated the honesty and the nobody had ever answered it honestly...they would make up some bs answer that he knew they wouldn't really do in real life. The question I thought would hang me actually got me the job...You just never know what the other guy's thinking, or what they wanna hear, so be personable and be honest, and let everything else take care of itself...the worst thing that can happen is you're in the same spot you are now...If you go in thinking and projecting that you have no shot, then you probably don't.

Use your lack of experience to your advantage by saying you don't know any different, and they can mold you into the pilot they want you to be rather than constantly questioning them by saying, "well at my last airline, we did..." Sometimes they'd rather have someone like that. It's not like they're hiring with the intent of the newhire needing to be thrust into the left seat in 6 mos...They know that whoever they hire will likely be in the right seat for 3-5 years at best, so they don't necessarily have to have Chuck Yeager who's ready to take command of the aircraft in a short amount of time. They can overlook a lack of experience in favor of the "good guy" knowing that you'll have several years of experience in the right seat before you're asked to be "the man." If we were growing like gangbusters and tripling in size in a year, maybe they'd need to hold out for the experienced people...but we're not, so they can hire the good attitude and mentor him for years in the right seat. Just walk in with your head held high and worry about what you can control, and not what you think they want to see...

Thats what I'm hoping I don't need movement just an honest place to learn as best as I can and start my career.

That's exactly what ya need to tell em...You're interviewing there because you want to be there learning and gaining experience with a good pilot group and not because you're looking for a quick upgrade to move on. Be humble and show them that you would truely be greatful for the job...the rest is up to them...

Well honestly how do you feel about the company I have 2 friends there now, but I haven't talked to them in ages and they both seemed to like it.

good one... couple airlines furloughing s couple hundred pilots each and one that "may" be hiring some in 2010 means the pilot shortage is here?

Last I heard, about 6000+ furloughed on the street

There was a dope on another thread arguing about the upcoming pilot shortage. Once you whittled down the specifics with him, he then meant a regional pilot shortage but still called it a pilot shortage. This is a pilot shortage. Nevermind the fact its really only a wisconsin first officer shortage.

Latest resources

Back