Jimmie Johnsons G150 off the end at Key West

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Brakes Failed. Sure they did, Ace.

When are these race teams going to stop hiring the hick F#ck cowboys who are going to eventually kill them. Of all the people, you would think Hendrick would have a well structured 1st class operation after losing so many family members in a King Air crash a few years back. That plane had outdated databases (out of date 12+ months is I recall) and the pilots got lost. WTF? You got lost? Well, getting lost got you dead.

ProPilot or some wonderful avmag did a Nascar write up a few years back. On pic of these pilots with bolo ties, huge J.R. Ewing Texas belt buckles, cowboys hats, etc. It was laughable. Truly laughable.

Even if this plane lost it brakes, do the T/Rs not work? Are they not so effective as to prevent an overrun? I am not buying it. I suspect we'll soon be racing about some cowboy stick jockeying that took place here and just about kill Rick himself.

BTW, the loser running Hendrick's department at the time of the crash....you know, the guy responsible for how the place runs, after the crash, he assumed the role/title of Director of Flight Operations.

Hendricks and all those teams needs to hire an outsider with a broom and some professionalism. Somebody who will go in and shut that place down, restructure it, the do it right. You know, someone who gives a ********************.

One of the network stations said they reported brake problems while on the approach.

I'm not up on the G150 numbers, but (unless they were on fumes) it seems to me they might have considered diverting to a longer piece of concrete.

One of the network stations said they reported brake problems while on the approach.

I'm not up on the G150 numbers, but (unless they were on fumes) it seems to me they might have considered diverting to a longer piece of concrete.

Brake problems on approach? Then why not land at Navy? I'm not buying it.

Anyone know what back up brake systems 150 has?

Hawker F/O: I cant see just T/R's stopping any mid size on 4800 feet. Hawker might WITH Lift dump.

Not familiar with the 150. Other than a anti-skid failure, or hydraulic failure, I can not think of anything they would have known in advance.

We are also assuming the press reported the fact of a known condition in advance correctly. They could have announced after touch down. If they did know they had brake issues and still went in to 4800ft, that seems less than smart.

I never trust the press to report the facts, especially when it comes to aircraft. Let's wait for the dust to settle a bit.

Jimmie Johnsons G150

I never trust the press to report the facts, especially when it comes to aircraft. Let's wait for the dust to settle a bit.

I read to where the brakes failed right at the end of the landing roll out. The radio call was made to the tower from one of the pilots. Who really knows at this point and time. I'm sure they will figuare it out in a few months.

Last edited:
Unless one of the posters here was in the cockpit, I see no reason for them to speculate on the cause of the accident or the capabilities of the flight crew.

The cause will be determined.

Things happen, hell, today a LOT 767 landed gear up in Warsaw becuase the gear could not be lowered. Like I said, things happen, some we have control over, some we do not.

Brakes Failed. Sure they did, Ace.

Hendricks and all those teams needs to hire an outsider with a broom and some professionalism. Somebody who will go in and shut that place down, restructure it, the do it right. You know, someone who gives a ********************.

Jeez. Someone spit tobacco in your face at the FBO?

Latest resources

Back