Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetSuite (SoCal Phenom 100 Operator) Updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am curious to know if most of you that are applying to jetsuite already have a job and if you are willing to leave your job in this down economy for a startup?

I am not saying its good or bad, but just curious. I am not interested in this company but i think it has a bright future and can fill a niche in business travel.

$400 a day 14 day min a month.

Hmmmm. That is probably similar to what a CJ1/2 or Premier Jet PIC makes flying 135 out of SoCal. It ain't Gulfstream or Challenger pay but then again you aren't flying a big bizjet long distances. Not too surprising if that's the case.

Hopefully the minimum 14 day schedule allows for OK QOL. I imagine pilots could ultimately fly multiple sectors per day around the West Coast once things actually ramp up (assuming the economy recovers) - probably competing with Avantair and some of the cheaper Citation and King Air 135 operators. Should be interesting to hear more details as they become available this weekend...

Last edited:
I was told the same $400/day, 14 days on, with a bonus for any work over 16 days.

Realistically you are looking at a range of $68k to a max of $120K if you flew every available minute.

Single pilot ops for owners and ferry flights, two pilots for charter work.

I am passing for now, my current job pays much more than they can offer.
Best of luck guys, it looks promising. I think they have a good business plan and I wish them success.

I decided to pass on interview today as well. I have tried repeatedly to get more info on the job such as compensation, benefits, schedule from JetSuite. Just the basics and not ground breaking stuff.

What information I did get was very vague and the rest treated like a state secret. I definitely didn't feel comfortable providing all my documents in advance to them at their request for a possible background check that might alert my current employer.

Job looks promising however I think in this economy I'm better off staying with my stable job for now. At least until such time as JetSuite decides to be more upfront with providing more info about the job. Who interviews for a job without doing due diligence first??

Good luck to all :)

Just curious. How many airplanes does Jetsuite expect to have operating by the end of 09? How soon will the first Phenom be on the line?

Lastly, what about training slots? It is a brand new aircraft type. Would they train in the airplane or do they have access to sims yet?

Just curious. How many airplanes does Jetsuite expect to have operating by the end of 09? How soon will the first Phenom be on the line?

Lastly, what about training slots? It is a brand new aircraft type. Would they train in the airplane or do they have access to sims yet?

The sim still isn't certified. All training is done in the plane either at AFW or in Brazil. Embraer has a Phenom, instructors and MX crew with the plane at AFW, and they rotate on cycles. Checkrides are with the FAA (only 2 or 3 examiners). If the company can get their own Check Airmen then that's a different story. ;)

Latest resources

Back