Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetSuite (SoCal Phenom 100 Operator) Updates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How soon will you guys start getting additional aircraft? How many by the end of this summer and through the end of 09?

From what we've heard, originally it was 12 by the end of the year in previous publications. At the interview they were on track for 7 by the end of the year with two per month in 2010. Now it seems not only was the certification of the sim pushed back to sometime in July, so has their second a/c delivery (which is completely an Embraer delay). But only JS know's whether or not all a/c deliveries have been pushed back or just the one. Are they taking delivery of two in July? Who knows.

From other online blogs I've read, Embraers training program at AFW can be a real nightmare to get scheduled, especially without the availability of the simulator...so that may be the delay on starting classes. They did say in the update that they were having trouble getting slots in the actual Phenom just like everyone else. There's still a lot of things that need to be done, like paperwork, background checks, wizz quiz, indoc, ect. all before anybody goes to CAE, and that does take some time and planning. Let's hope that the sim gets certified this time and on time. That will help everyone out a ton! I'm sure when the Phenom sim does get certified, some of us will have the pleasure of 2am sim sessions b/c it's going to be really busy!

None of us have received a recent update from JS (as far as I know) for over a week and a half. Maybe they only know as much as we do, which wouldn't suprise me as things change a thousand times daily. From my experience at the interview, they seemed very helpful and they seem very concerened about our well being. The last thing they want or need is to have a group of frustrated pilots that finally get on the payroll. This whole process is just as frustrating for them too. I'm sure they want to keep us more informed but, I'm sure they don't want to issue another update with out having solid intel.

The main issue I can see are with the pilots in the pool that currently have jobs and need to give the proper two weeks notice as opposed to some of us (suffering a layoff) that have the luxury of starting at a moments notice. They did ask us about our needs and availibility when we received the "you're in the pool" letter. With CAE/Embraer's classes being such a nightmare to schedule right now, one can only imagine what their stratagy will be on hiring pilots out of the pool. Will they take the pilots who are ready now first over the ones who need to provide two weeks notice, or have to move, commute, finish a previous obligation? I'm sure we'll have the answers to our questions in the coming weeks.

Tex

I think Tex means furloughed. And I would be surprised if there wasn't maybe a couple of the poolies that had to give 2 weeks. Most are furloughed and can start tomarrow.

If you have ever flown around SoCal on the weekends (especially latter summer after June Gloom) you know what I am talking about. Everyone's flying including many inexperienced flight students, etc. It just adds to the challenge/excitement I guess - or, it can lead to faster ulcers... I spent a little time flying out of LGB, TOA and some VNY many years back. Good times.

I grew up in socal, no different than any other major metropolitan area. Just remain vigilant and you should be fine.

Now the big question. What do Phenom 100 pilots get paid?

Base Captain pay: 400/day at 14 days min guarentee. If you fly more days than that, you'll get some sort of overtime. I think 150% for 600/day, this isn't set in stone though. Base pay equates to 67,200/yr.

FO pay hasn't been established yet as they're not hiring FO's at the time. If it has, nobody knows what that pay will be yet outside of the company. They could be interviewing FO's the next time they hold interviews, who knows. They are planning to be ARG/US Platinum, so I'm guessing the mins for FO's will be similar to other fracs at 2,500TT.

The base pay was previously posted as well. I think it was several pages back. Hope this helps!

Tex

Latest resources

Back