• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jets for jobs 190s at United?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well Skywest has been up in Montreal a ton working with the C-Series guys. They seem to think they will be flying that jet for someone and soon!

I heard this Republic rumor three weeks ago regarding the UAL E190 idea. It was even suggested that I send an application, :puke:.

So I'm pretty sure it's true, sadly. It might not be J4J though. It might just be more scope erosion.

[This is a for-real post, not one of my usual BS FI postings.]

Last edited:
I heard this Republic rumor three weeks ago regarding the UAL E190 idea. It was even suggested that I send an application, :puke:.

So I'm pretty sure it's true, sadly. It might not be J4J though. It might just be more scope erosion.

[This is a for-real post, not one of my usual BS FI postings.]
Apply ? For what ? We already have plenty of lav dumpers.Did you break 600 hours yet ?

Anyone here who thinks that 190's will be flown at express is sadly mistaken even those @ SWA who chime in here and those of you at republic...the bottom line is this is a strike issue. Like I said UAL will be dead from a strike long before you get your dirty little hands on'em in UAL colors.

Anybody remember Midwest? Lets say Republic starts operating 190's out of ORD tomorrow as UAX. UAL ALPA grieves it and rightfully so. The bought & paid for arbitrator rules in favor of UAL citing some BS, out of this world, excuse. See where I'm going with this. I think the Midwest fiasco was the start of something really bad.

Anyone here who thinks that 190's will be flown at express is sadly mistaken even those @ SWA who chime in here and those of you at republic...the bottom line is this is a strike issue. Like I said UAL will be dead from a strike long before you get your dirty little hands on'em in UAL colors.

And Yes. It had better be a strike issue. Screw the RLA

+100000000000000000000000000:beer:

Apply ? For what ? We already have plenty of lav dumpers.Did you break 600 hours yet ?

Get out of my seat, pops! The AARP has complimentary denture cream outside security for junior gummers like you! No Kool-Aide though. You have to get your fill at the next Bryan's Brainwashing, Come to Jesus & Golf Equipment Clearance Expo.

The E70 & CR7 shouldn't even be at ua-express, why are those planes there in the first place? The E90 shouldn't even be a thought, but there's a lot of barking going on over it, why? Anyone care to shed some light on this?

People, Wake the ---- Up!
I've said it before and ill say it again. The move is on for cheaper labor (i.e; regional airlines). Do you think that UAL or any other legacy cares about something more than the bottom line $$. In the next 10 to 15 years every large size regional, (Rebublic, Eagle, Skywest, Pinnacle, etc.), will be operating 100+ seat RJ's for all of em.
The people waiting for age 65 to 'catch up' or when DAL starts hiring again are fooling themselves. The jobs lost at mainline carriers will not be replaced at the mainline level. They will have to hire some in the next 7 years but domestically speaking, the switch to cheaper labor has already begun. More UAX flights now than ever before. A large increase of flying at Eagle with 70 seaters. The stories continue. Look at Lufthansa and why they are on strike, its all similiar issues to what's happening here.
And the bottom line, it sux for everyone. But as we know its all about timing in this industry. Scope is something that will be negotiated away with legitimate threats of downsizing or other means. Are mainline guys going to go on strike over 100 seaters in this economy? In my opinion, i doubt it. Unions are much stronger in Europe than in the states and the job situation here is not going to improve anytime soon, (and certainly not in aviation)!

Someone mentioned skywest having 737 pay rates. Look at how the so called 'puddle jumpers' have evolved in the last 30 years. They started with props then small turbo props, large turbo props, then 50, 70 and 90 seat jets. Do you think its going to stop at 75 seats? If so, why now? There is nothing to suggest that this scope language will prevent a mainline operator from increasing that limit from 75 to something higher.

Again, i dont like it either. Im at a regional and will probably be here till they fire me or they go under. I would like to anticiapte going to a mainline carrier but that's not going to happen. Its just my opinion of what i think will happen and im waiting for this industry to prove me wrong but my expectations are low.

So to answer the question, "Why are those 70 seaters here in the first place?" That's easy....Cost. Its the most important thing mainline airlines are looking at these days now that the business traveler is a modern day relic.

Latest resources

Back