• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jets for jobs 190s at United?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
UAL will be dead and gone long before you regional pukes get your hands on anything over 70 seats flying UAL colors...

AWAC hasn't flown for United in years. They do provide some of the ground service handling at IAD for the puddle jumpers.

On a side note, I think that scope would be the most interesting part of merging UAL and CAL if it ever came to that. I think merging the seniority lists would be fairly civil as compared to what we would have to negotiate away to get all those "big" RJs off the property.

UAL ALPA doesn't have any scope anymore. Just like Delta. ALPA has bent-over to managements as long as their senior guys can milk a few more years out of what used to be a career. ALPA is ATA's poodle these days.

And now ALPA wants to kill more pilot jobs by wanting to increase the number of hours a pilot can fly per day so senior guys can eek out a little more money in less days into their pathetic concession-ridden paychecks.

ALPA is a pathetic excuse for a pilot union.

Last edited:
Like everything else in this business, scope has run its course. Management seems to have found a way around it.

The CEO of Skywest has told us acouple of times over the past few months that UAL has mentioned that they want Skywest to fly CRJ900s for them eventually. I wonder if UAL has also approached Republic about this too in flying E-190s for them. Who else has UAL put feelers out to? Sounds like UAL has other plans then what the pilots will want. I can't imagine their MEC not knowing about this.
Jerry says lots of things. One thing he know is that SkyWest pilots get all flush when he talks about larger jets coming to SkyWest.

The place almost passed out a few years ago when they added 737 rates to the policy manual.

No, they can't. The E-190 max gross and pax certification (not actual seats) are above the limits.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. The Rev. comes up with some interesting legal interpretations. We've got a full time union-buster on management payroll who's sole purpose in life is to come up with "technicalities". :rolleyes:

Latest resources

Back