JetBlue upgrade times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Well then, by all means, go there!

What was that ole saying. Something about forrest and trees. Ahh never mind.

Some people just don't get it.........

Last edited:
Sorry Capt...just being realistic.

I am a complete realist. The fact-based hypothetical I presented was intentionally liberal just to make sure the "juicers" didn't cry foul. And believe me, it is a heck of alot more realistic than what potential newhires might be hearing. I am not sure what the buzz is this year, but reality is a helluva lot different than the party line in 2007.

I realize the state of current affairs, but you are going to have to come with something more informed than "Furloughs are coming!!" to get some purchase here, my friend.

JetBlue has one of the lowest CASMs in the industry, so let's talk numbers and facts.

Spaz

Good analysis, Spaz.

I left JB last August and I came up with close to the same numbers.

My rough calculation indicated that an expected upgrade to line holding 320 Captain was effectively, never (I was around 1840 when I left). As you indicated it may be possible to be a very junior Capt on the bus but with years of reserve in front of you.

However, my decision to leave was still a tough one and upgrade time was not a primary factor. As we all know it can change for the better or worse in a heartbeat.

Wow, I guess my decision to go to Kalitta Air is paying off. I have been here since June 2007 and already I missed upgrade in the 747 by 1 number in the April 1st class.
Looks like I should be able to hold a spot in the June upgrade class, 1 year to upgrade, pretty sweet. At JB, looks like another couple years, and add a reserve line forever on top of that.....

no really, good luck over there.

Wow, I guess my decision to go to Kalitta Air is paying off. I have been here since June 2007 and already I missed upgrade in the 747 by 1 number in the April 1st class.
Looks like I should be able to hold a spot in the June upgrade class, 1 year to upgrade, pretty sweet. At JB, looks like another couple years, and add a reserve line forever on top of that.....

no really, good luck over there.

Are you trying to brag about flying for Kalitta?

Really?

To each their own and JB needs improvements in allot of areas-but really?

I'm not necessarily
DAL: Stopped hiring. When they restart how long to hold narrow body CA? 8+? 10+?

UAL: Same as above

SWA: Slowed hiring to a crawl. 10+ upgrades.

CAL: Still hiring. Upgrades same as B6.

LCC: Started hiring. Never upgrade.

NWA: Hiring. 10+ upgrades.

UPS: Not hiring. Upgrades 8+.

FedEx: Not hiring. Upgrades 7+.

AAA: Still have furloughs. Upgrades 15+.

YMMV
Where are you getting you info? My friends at DAL are saying a 17 to 20 year upgrade, and WN is close to 16. But you did put + behind all your numbers.

I agree. The above post is baffling. Where are you getting your data?
LCC: started hiring. Never upgrade???

Not sure where you got that from.
The last upgrades at my LCC were at 12 months. The next ones will be around 16 months, and the ones after that should go back down to about 14 months. Far from "Never".

I agree. The above post is baffling. Where are you getting your data?
LCC: started hiring. Never upgrade???

Not sure where you got that from.
The last upgrades at my LCC were at 12 months. The next ones will be around 16 months, and the ones after that should go back down to about 14 months. Far from "Never".

LCC is the ticker symbol for US Airways. Let me guess... you went to Riddle? :laugh:

Latest resources

Back