• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue upgrade times

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course it won't, but considering B6's hedge position (none) I'd say your chances of getting furloughed are better than your chances of upgrading.

But, perhaps F9 will buy/merge with you.

Point is, d.s., worrying about oil prices, a merger, or a furlough wont do anything productive for you except for give you gray hair.

The only thing you can do is always have a plan B in this industry. That and not posting unless you know what youre talking about.

Fubi is a troll, nothing but venom in him. He used to be over at another website, apparently he has had some issues.

He has a love-hate relationship with jetblue, he loves to hate.

He was on here for a bit, but disappeared, he is now back and continuing his tirade. Sure his shrink wish he wasn't.

I'm not necessarily disputing the numbers, but how is B6 any different than any other carrier right now? If you try and do a purely numerical analysis no new hires would ever upgrade at any airline. Yet we all know that's not the case.

Using the above numbers everybody on property right now could be a 320 CA if you assume attrition is 200 over the next 8 years.

As bad as some of you are suggesting it may be here how do we compare to other majors?

DAL: Stopped hiring. When they restart how long to hold narrow body CA? 8+? 10+?

UAL: Same as above

SWA: Slowed hiring to a crawl. 10+ upgrades.

CAL: Still hiring. Upgrades same as B6.

LCC: Started hiring. Never upgrade.

NWA: Hiring. 10+ upgrades.

UPS: Not hiring. Upgrades 8+.

FedEx: Not hiring. Upgrades 7+.

AAA: Still have furloughs. Upgrades 15+.

So just exactly how is the forecasted doom and gloom any better or worse at B6? Except for CAL at all the airlines still hiring we're talking about 10 year upgrades just to be a reserve CA. I'll grant you can make more money as an FO at some of them, but I'm betting (hoping?) that JetBlue will recognize the changing state of upgrades and improve our FO pay.

I still think our glass is half full. The industry is once again in a tough state. We are as well positioned as anybody else to survive and we are still growing and still hiring even if only minimally. Of the airlines still hiring only SWA has any appeal for me. Even if I were put in the SWA pool today it would be 2 years before I got on property. Add 10 years to upgrade plus a couple more to hold a line and I will never be a line holding CA at SWA. I think I'll take my chances with JetBlue. I don't see anything else out there right now that's significantly better.

YMMV

Last edited:
I'm not necessarily disputing the numbers, but how is B6 any different than any other carrier right now? If you try and do a purely numerical analysis no new hires would ever upgrade at any airline. Yet we all know that's not the case.

Using the above numbers everybody on property right now could be a 320 CA if you assume attrition is 200 over the next 8 years.

As bad as some of you are suggesting it may be here how do we compare to other majors?

DAL: Stopped hiring. When they restart how long to hold narrow body C? 8+? 10+?

UAL: Same as above

SWA: Slowed hiring to a crawl. 10+ upgrades.

CAL: Still hiring. Upgrades same as B6.

LCC: Started hiring. Never upgrade.

NWA: Hiring. 10+ upgrades.

UPS: Not hiring. Upgrades 8+.

FedEx: Not hiring. Upgrades 7+.

AAA: Still have furloughs. Upgrades 15+.

So just exactly how is the forecasted doom and gloom any better or worse at B6? Except for CAL at all the airlines still hiring we're talking about 10 year upgrades just to be a reserve CA. I'll grant you can make more money as an FO at some of them, but I'm betting (hoping?) that JetBlue will recognize the changing state of upgrades and improve our FO pay.

I still think our glass is half full. The industry is once again in a tough state. We are as well positioned as anybody else to survive and we are still growing and still hiring even if only minimally. Of the airlines still hiring only SWA has any appeal for me. Even if I were put in the SWA pool today it would be 2 years before I got on property. Add 10 years to upgrade plus a couple more to hold a line and I will never be a line holding CA at SWA. I think I'll take my chances with JetBlue. I don't see anything else out there right now that's significantly better.

YMMV

So an FO at those above airlines will have the same career earnings? Nope DAL, CAL, UAL, NWA have widebodies therefore even though same upgrade time they will make more flying the heavies while waiting for the upgrade.

Familiar with second year pay at FEDEX, UPS, SWA?

Pay me that and I will sit FO, sideways, upside down whatever I don't care.........

So an FO at those above airlines will have the same career earnings? Nope DAL, CAL, UAL, NWA have widebodies therefore even though same upgrade time they will make more flying the heavies while waiting for the upgrade.

Familiar with second year pay at FEDEX, UPS, SWA?

Pay me that and I will sit FO, sideways, upside down whatever I don't care.........

Well then, by all means, go there!

Caveman -- you really think FOs are gonna get a raise this year? How about 190 CAs?

We are after all ... "Flying Into a Challenging Year".

I would be absolutely amazed.

BTW -- anyone see our new "first class"? That rocks -- talk about legroom. The new cabins are really nice too. We should make some money off of the extra legroom thing.

Fubi is a troll, nothing but venom in him. He used to be over at another website, apparently he has had some issues.

He has a love-hate relationship with jetblue, he loves to hate.

He was on here for a bit, but disappeared, he is now back and continuing his tirade. Sure his shrink wish he wasn't.

Do you think he is Velocipede? That's who I thought of.

Caveman -- you really think FOs are gonna get a raise this year? How about 190 CAs?

We are after all ... "Flying Into a Challenging Year".

I would be absolutely amazed.

BTW -- anyone see our new "first class"? That rocks -- talk about legroom. The new cabins are really nice too. We should make some money off of the extra legroom thing.

Unfortunately, no I don't think we'll get much this year at all. I think the 190 CAs will get thrown a bone, but the rest of us might only get what amounts to a small COLA. Maybe a couple of bucks an hour and that's it.

Just to add to Cavemans post, I believe CAL has cancelled all new hire classes for an undecided amount of time. This whole industry is looking pretty bad.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back