JetBlue upgrade time?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why is the 190 a POS? Just curious.

Well it depends on who you talk to. Personally the plane gives me a false seniority. I haven't worked a weekend or holiday yet this year (2.5 years senior) and I live a pretty comfortable lifestyle. in this regard I think its a great airplane. That being said. When the 170/190 first came out it was an electrical/computerized nightmare. Many of those glitches have all been fixed, but the stigma still remains. The 190 has a lot of small maintenance issues that the bus just doesn't have. Printer stops working randomly, all sorts of minor EICAS messages pop up randomly. You have to load your Info into the FMS personally vs. it's getting uploaded to the BUS. It's not nearly as comfortable in the cockpit as the bus. More legs a day. Shorter legs a day. More northeast flying. No west coast flying. Cost the company an extra 20 million last qtr in maintenance costs. Ram horn yoke vs. side stick and a tray table. 1 jumpseat vs. 2. They don't like to admit it but a lot of BUS guys at JB have SJS and need to fly the bigger airplane to feel better about themselves. It pays 10% less per hour than the 320/321. Many bus guys also feel the 190 has distorted and ruined there seniority. In a way they are correct however all it would take is a bid to the 190 and they could hold any schedule they want. I am sure I have missed something, and am sure someone will correct me.

As you can see. The 190 isn't really that big a POS in itself anymore. It is just a POS compared to the BUS at JB

Last edited:
From a CFO perspective the 190 cost creep is a nightmare.
From a pilot perspective the 190 is a good airplane.

New bid is out.

25 Bus upgrades
10 190 upgrades
119 new FO slots that will need to come from new hires.

My guess is bus upgrade goes to 6 years. 190 upgrade goes to 3.5 years.
However I'm just guessing and we can wait until the 20th or so to see the results.
Captain and FO slots in all bases except MCO.

Good luck to all

Last edited:
New bid is out.

25 Bus upgrades
10 190 upgrades
119 new FO slots that will need to come from new hires.

My guess is bus upgrade goes to 6 years. 190 upgrade goes to 3.5 years.
However I'm just guessing and we can wait until the 20th or so to see the results.
Captain and FO slots in all bases except MCO.

Good luck to all
Probaly very close on numbers although I expect 320 to go 7+ years and 190 between 4 and 5 years. Who knows the unknown that may drive it a little lower is training in Nov Dec and Jan.

Latest resources

Back