• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue to Make Major News Announcement

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope that they is no permanant seat lock on the EMB. I feel a junior Captain on reserve should be able to bid to be a senior captian on the EMB if he/she wants.

Maybe a seat lock for a set period followed by a positional bid could be worked out. (i.e. You could only bid up when a position is opened... like someone senior retires.)

Besides...does that mean that a gate agent can't become a FA or that a ramper can't become a mech and an I.T. guy can't move to a management position? Where's the career enhancement that gives workers something to work for and to look forward too?

Limiting people leads to stagnation which leads to bad service. What proof...ask and US Air pilot who has spent 13 or so years as FO. Or, the government worker who has stagnated in their position and who no longer cares.

This should be an interesting debate...looking forward to future posts! Would like to hear other's "un-emotional" comments.

By the way...the Titanic was also managed my "professionals".

FlyDeltasJets said:
Oooh, Oooh,
Can I answer?!;)

Yes, by all means FlyDeltaJets, we would like you to answer.

Jetblue320,

I was only kidding. Do a search for my name, you will find that I have already posted many times on the topic.

Not so much unions in general, but the effect the lower compensation packages of lcc's are having on our profession.

As per Blue Dude's wishes, I'll keep out of this one.:)

Diesel-9sRule said:
Maybe a seat lock for a set period followed by a positional bid could be worked out. (i.e. You could only bid up when a position is opened... like someone senior retires.)

My guess is that it'll be something like that. Except that you won't have to wait for someone to retire. We're still getting a buttload of A320's and someone has to fly them. The details aren't worked out yet and won't be for some time. So this is all speculation.

FlyDeltasJets said:
As per Blue Dude's wishes, I'll keep out of this one.:)

You know I'm kidding, FDJ. But even though Jaydub asked for it, I'm not sure we ought to go there again this thread.

Bad Jaydub. Bad BAD Jaydub. *smack!*

FDJ,

No sweat. We (the Boy's in Blue) didn't set the ground rules for compensation packages of LCC's. We are just trying to make a living, and, having a lot of fun in the meantime. But, if you are interested and want to research it, I am sure that you will find our "package" to be among the best, LCC or otherwise. There are a lot of non-monetary considerations as well. All in all, JBU is without a doubt, the best deal going, IMHO.

See ya

My Future

...it would be great to also fly the "latest" high-tech masterpiece - I have seen pictures of the upcoming Primus flight deck - awesome! Regardless, anyone lucky enough to get on with Jet Blue should be happy enough!

Hopefully by 2005 the airlines will be recalling, the economy will be in better shape and JetBlue will finally call asking if I want to fly the RJ. My answer will be......YES! Hopefully my time in the right seat will be short, I'll then spend the rest of my career in the left seat of the -190. I'm excited! The future is finally looking brighter.

jetblue320 said:
FDJ,

No sweat. We (the Boy's in Blue) didn't set the ground rules for compensation packages of LCC's. We are just trying to make a living, and, having a lot of fun in the meantime. But, if you are interested and want to research it, I am sure that you will find our "package" to be among the best, LCC or otherwise. There are a lot of non-monetary considerations as well. All in all, JBU is without a doubt, the best deal going, IMHO.

See ya

I'm glad you think so, jet, but I have done the research. The facts don't bear you out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back