• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue- To go or not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whats the story with hotels during training, do you get your own room? pay & per diem during training?

Reserves work 18 days per bid period. This equates to 12 or 13 days off per bid period (some are 30, some are 31 day bid periods).

As for hotels during training, you share a hotel room with a complete stranger who is randomly picked from a pool of reality tv show flunkies. You and your roommate will be followed by film crews during training, and your "training life" will be aired on network TV at some point in the near future. You will not be compensated monetarily, but you may be able to accomplish "Snooki" celebrity status.

Yep. My comments were towards the current AWAC guy.

I'm glad things are working out for you. I started watching Sunny in Philadelphia because of your avatar. Good stuff!

Can't wait for the new season. Fat Mack, comedy gold.

Last edited:
Reserves work 18 days per bid period. This equates to 12 or 13 days off per bid period (some are 30, some are 31 day bid periods).

As for hotels during training, you share a hotel room with a complete stranger who is randomly picked from a pool of reality tv show flunkies. You and your roommate will be followed by film crews during training, and your "training life" will be aired on network TV at some point in the near future. You will not be compensated monetarily, but you may be able to accomplish "Snooki" celebrity status.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! thnx coffee out the nose.:beer:

looking forward to it.

My comments were never to be directed towards "My airline can kick your airlines butt"... Just my two cents and why I chose not to make the move. I'll let you know how it works out for me in 30/35 years +/-

yeah the way the guy was responding, it almost seems that one is not paid during training and has to share a room? I do not have an interview but am applying as soon as the window opens up and hope to get an interview-I am not sure if this issue will make it into my decision making process as MEsaba/Pinnacle is i am sure worse than AWAC.

I think bases=commute/QOL=days off/pay all are my factors when deciding to go

Latest resources

Back