• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue- To go or not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so any serious replies regarding the hotel and pay/per diem during training?

Sorry, Landlover, I could't resist. RiddleEagle is correct ($2500 per month). I believe you start your hourly rate once finishing IOE. Also, the rooms have a kitchenette, so you can stock up on food, beverages, etc. I recommend bringing a car if you can, but there is a shuttle that can transport you to and from the hotel, training center, and airport. Someone in class typically has a car, which helps when it comes to getting groceries. Enjoy!

Sorry, Landlover, I could't resist. RiddleEagle is correct ($2500 per month). I believe you start your hourly rate once finishing IOE. Also, the rooms have a kitchenette, so you can stock up on food, beverages, etc. I recommend bringing a car if you can, but there is a shuttle that can transport you to and from the hotel, training center, and airport. Someone in class typically has a car, which helps when it comes to getting groceries. Enjoy!

Just a slight correction for our class any way we started our hourly rate once the first person in our class passed their ride. Also we were at the spring-hill suites which only had a fridge and a microwave.

I also left AWAC in 07...my thinking (right or wrong) was that there was not much of a future at AWAC considering the aircraft and length of Airways contract. In my view I was going to have to start looking for a job (starting over) at some point, better sooner rather than later. Hopefully something good happens for Whiskey, but when I was there I wasn't very optimistic for the future. I was also on some Union committees that gave me an inside look at how great management's disdain for pilots was.

I remember on Awacpilots Steve K (using his superior MBA logic) giving Nate H a bunch of shiit about how he was losing money by going to JB. NH made up the difference in 2-3 years, and now probably makes 80% more going forward ( the next 25-30 years). If you left today it would probably take 3 years to make up the difference and it wouldn't be 80%, more like 20-35 depending on how hard you work (as an FO, Nate is a 190 CA). Like someone said above, there are numerous other benefits to working at JB opposed to AWAC (plus a few downsides-medical) but I would do it over again in a heartbeat. If I was at AWAC with decent turbojet PIC time, I would start looking now. Just my opinion, please don't take offense.

BTW- the FAs have received and email that we are changing BUF hotel.

how is the medical? Its something a pilot with a family needs to make a part of their decision

The medical is very expensive but pretty good coverage. For the most coverage for a family it costs around $283/per paycheck.

Crash: the October Pairings are loaded in PBS and has us changing hotels in BUF to the Indigo.

Crash: the October Pairings are loaded in PBS and has us changing hotels in BUF to the Indigo.

Thank god we are out of that dump. Ironically, awac stsys with us at our current hotel,.

new hotel is on the university of buffalo campus... Allll riiiiight.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back