JetBlue- To go or not?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just to fly a bigger acft?

I know of a friend that left a nice paying, great QOL job to fly bigger acft at JB. Well, he tells me it wasn't the best of choices...I believe his wife and kids say the same thing. To each his own, but make the best choice for yourself and family, not just yourself. :beer:

Can't say I call being a mule 'quality of life'...

But as you say, to each their own.

I live in base and credit ~100 a month with 14 days off. Qol is all about perspective, my QOL at blue makes awac look like slave labor, but you might be a orf'r with a decent Qol, if so, then great. You though cannot compare the money, and the daily 4am junior man call. Restrospectively, i realized even more that AWAC treats its pilots very poorly. Im by no means a mule... Lol. 24 hour st lucia overnights are brutal. Im really not trying to be insulting. I loved the pilots at awac, just hated how they ran the place like a sweat shop. Good luck to you.

Last edited:
anyone know the average age of the pilot group at jetblue? how is the medical coverage?

I'm AWAC alumni currently at JetBlue. Left AirWis in 2007. I also didn't dream of flying for JetBlue as a kid, but sure as hell saw the writing on the wall at AWAC and don't regret leaving for a second.

I won't waste any time trying to convince you how leaving is a good move. If you can't see it, that's on you.

I will say I made just about as much as a second year 320 RESERVE FO as I did as a 5 year RJ CA. Different pay rules here.

Good luck,

S.

anyone know the average age of the pilot group at jetblue? how is the medical coverage?

This company has far less retirements qued up then most major airlines, but FAR more aircraft on order, especially as a percentage of growth with respect to current fleet. At least, that is the "plan".

I'm AWAC alumni currently at JetBlue. Left AirWis in 2007. I also didn't dream of flying for JetBlue as a kid, but sure as hell saw the writing on the wall at AWAC and don't regret leaving for a second.

I won't waste any time trying to convince you how leaving is a good move. If you can't see it, that's on you.

I will say I made just about as much as a second year 320 RESERVE FO as I did as a 5 year RJ CA. Different pay rules here.

Good luck,

S.

I hear ya dude, and I now agree with you about our "needs". I think we both agree even with the DR that you cannot in any way compare AWAC and Jblu.

Last edited:
This company has far less retirements qued up then most major airlines, but FAR more aircraft on order, especially as a percentage of growth with respect to current fleet. At least, that is the "plan".

We will have retirements, attrition, and orders. In the end i am guessing it's a wash with the majors as far as career advancement and money.

I hear ya dude, and I now agree with you about our "needs". I think we both agree even with the DR that you cannot in any way compare AWAC and Jblu.

Yep. My comments were towards the current AWAC guy.

I'm glad things are working out for you. I started watching Sunny in Philadelphia because of your avatar. Good stuff!

Latest resources

Back