• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
chperplt said:
I was charged $25 while attempting to JS from BUR-MCO last weekend. I was told that because the plane was half full, I couldn't "jumpseat" and had to pay the $25 non rev fee...

This didn't happen on JetBlue....... If it did, you need to PM me with the agents name. We don't even have the ability to charge a J/S at this point.

What a moron. Illiterate...I think so!

The company IS NOT going to charge pilots.

Bill Nelson said:
How many BJ people live in NY? It is going to be funny when the rest of the industry decides that it isn't interested in Jet Blue jumpseats and they aren't interested in any JB folks riding theirs either.

chperplt said:
I was charged $25 while attempting to JS from BUR-MCO last weekend. I was told that because the plane was half full, I couldn't "jumpseat" and had to pay the $25 non rev fee...

I'm gonna raise the old B.S. flag on this one! All you'd have to do is mention a problem like this to a Captain and the operation would stop until the problem was rectified. Again.... I call shenanigans!

chperplt said:

If this is true, give us the day and flt#.
It's possible JB has some kind of rogue gate agent, but I doubt it.
Give us the specifics, including names, if possible.

J32driver said:
I'm gonna raise the old B.S. flag on this one! All you'd have to do is mention a problem like this to a Captain and the operation would stop until the problem was rectified. Again.... I call shenanigans!

Chperplt isn't the kind to flame like this....I would imagine it's true....

Bill Nelson said:
How many BJ people live in NY? It is going to be funny when the rest of the industry decides that it isn't interested in Jet Blue jumpseats and they aren't interested in any JB folks riding theirs either.
Dude,
Airtran charges $25. Jump all over them. We've already told your supersonic a$$ its not the JB pilots. I do not believe it will happen.

Actually I wish everyone had a JS agreement like ours. Very liberal and easy to use. As stated earlier, the pilots are not overwhelmingly for this, however it doesnt really affect them as much either.

Maybe the company is just trying to be like LUV who charges our FA's $37 each way and requires that you get a pass 5 days in advance. Or NWA who does the same thing. Or UA, DAL, CAL who allow none of them to ride.

Charge Airtran pilots the $25 and don't allow any Delta pilots if there is more than one jumpseater. Justice.

I call BS as well. We would never charge for the jumpseat. If the plane was 1/2 full there would not have been a problem regardless. And if he did, he would have brought it up to someone, anyone...who would have said WTF!! We do not charge for the jumpseat.

T-Gate...I know you may know him but there is no way that happened. If for some reason it did, the gate agent needs to be canned.

flt number please and date........

I didnt think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back