Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll vouch for chperplt as one who is not seeking to flamebait. This guy seems to be stand up through his posts about Allegiant and the PM's I've had with him. Could be a miscommunication (uneducated gate agent) thing kind of like the thread about Southwest's varying preboard jumpseaters policy. Hopefully the boys in Blue can get it all straightened out soon.

chperplt said:
This is the biggest problem with this website. There is so much bullcrap that goes on here, a real issue gets laughed at as complete BS.

I've PM everyone of you that has asked for details. I paid with a credit card and I have the receipt to prove it.

I was also told that I (everyone) has to be in complete uniform to occupy the jumpseat. Business attire was not acceptable.

Guys.... This is going on. I'm sure it's not limited to Burbank.

This should get interesting.

DIAMONDDD said:
So exactly how much is it going to cost OAL pilot jumpseaters with this new change?:)

For you and you only, a hundred million dollars:)

Longhorn said:
Exactly....

This has NOTHING to do with pilots. Our JS policy towards F/A's is that we take anyone. Our FA's have become very frusterated that every airlines fa's can jumpseat on us but they cannot jumpseat on them. There are only a few airlines that allow our FA's to jumpseat on them. For them they would NOT be charged. The F/A's who do not have an recipricol agreement would be charged, the reason would be to help aquire a recip agreement to make the charge go away. Many of us here do not agree with charging anyone to jumpseat...but on the other end its not fair that our FA's are not allowed to JS on every other 121 airline that allows fa jumpseaters. We have the most lenient js poilcy in the buisness. No caps, no limits...open seat its yours. Our FA's should be able to js on others.

I agree with the charging for non-reciprocating carriers. It makes sense and will at least put pressure on those that enjoy the benefit to change or pay. I wish we had a policy like yours to accept F/A's from offline carriers.

32LT10 said:
I agree with the charging for non-reciprocating carriers. It makes sense and will at least put pressure on those that enjoy the benefit to change or pay. I wish we had a policy like yours to accept F/A's from offline carriers.

I would like to take this moment in time to congratulate 32LT10 on becoming human. I don't know what happened, but it seems you are actually making an effort at toning down the venom you have spewed in the past. Thank you.

Longhorn said:
T-Gate...I know you may know him but there is no way that happened. If for some reason it did, the gate agent needs to be canned.

flt number please and date........

I didnt think so.

Rouge employees are a reality.

I have had a gate agent (AirTran) chastize me infront of paying passengers for not wearing my uniform. (I was wearing a dress shirt, slacks, and a sport coat)

The same gate agent then told me I might have to occupy the jumpseat. (And I cannot because I am not an AirTran pilot, nor ar either of our companies CASS)

When he told me this, I told him he was incorrect and he called me a liar. He then proceeded to attempt to charge me the 25 dollar 2nd jumpseater fee even though I was the first one to show.

This was ALL from one gate agent in BWI.

Alot of people are personally vouching for Chperplt because many people know his real name and I don't think he'd go out and make such an outlandish allegation if he didn't have the evidence to back it up.

Just because 99% of a workforce may be of good character, there is ALWAYS an exception. (i.e. this BUR gate agent) No matter how rediculous it may sound.

DonVerita said:
Hey...flame moron! You and BrainHurts need to get your head out of each others a$$.

AirTran DOES NOT charge for the JUMPSEAT. This has been posted over and over again. Learn to read you idiot!

For every AirTran aircraft, if there is ONE jumpseat installed then they take ONE jumpseat rider ** NO CHARGE **. If there are TWO jumpseats installed then they take TWO jumpseat riders **NO CHARGE **. What don't you understand about this?

Anyone who comes up to the gate after the jumpseat has already been taken then becomes a NON-REV passenger. That person may purchase a NON-REV GATE PASS on the spot at the gate for $25....or he/she may choose to wait for the next flight and be the first jumpseater in line for that flight.

Know what you're talking about next time.

*PLOP* (Head taken out of a$$)
However, other carriers take unlimited js'ers no charge. I actually have never had a problem with Airtran's $25. I think it is a good deal. $25 is not something I would pass up a chance to go home on. My comment was directed at the offside chance that maybe the confusion was over Airtran's policy.

DonVerita said:
AirTran DOES NOT charge for the JUMPSEAT. This has been posted over and over again. Learn to read you idiot!

The rest of the world calls those empty cabin seats "unlimited jumpseats" and allows AAI pilots to occupy them at no cost. However, mirroring your policy would require AAI pilots to pay for those "NON REV" seats as opposed to participating in the unlimited jumpseats.

Out of curiosity does AAI have reciprocal unlimited agreements with other carriers? If so how is this possible given your definition of the seats NOT being jumpseats but actually being NON REV seats? See what I am getting at? How can an AAI pilot in good form call those seats non-rev seats if they themselves use those seats at other carriers and don't pay?

chperplt said:
This is the biggest problem with this website. There is so much bullcrap that goes on here, a real issue gets laughed at as complete BS.
I hear ya chper! This place has become the Jerry Springer of forums. Everything is either flame bait or BS! I hardly post any more for fear of being slammed by some pathetic prick like einstien/limp lizard! Or the continuous lies of the rjdc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back