• Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.

i'mbatman

Thunderbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiird
Take it for what its worth.......while commuting home today on JB, the gate agent checking me in said that the idea has been floated to charge all non-revs/jumpseaters $25 sometime in the future. She said that it is b/c JB takes everybody, but nobody reciprocates that they will start charging. Is this BS? Is it going to affect cockpit crewmembers? Anyone care to chime in?

i'mbatman said:
Take it for what its worth.......while commuting home today on JB, the gate agent checking me in said that the idea has been floated to charge all non-revs/jumpseaters $25 sometime in the future. She said that it is b/c JB takes everybody, but nobody reciprocates that they will start charging. Is this BS? Is it going to affect cockpit crewmembers? Anyone care to chime in?

The idea that has been floated is to charge FA's from airlines that don't reciprocate with JB. This has nothing to do with pilots. Still unlimited offline pilot jumpseaters if space is available.

Later,
The Pig.

AND... the idea has a TON of resitance among the pilot group and leadership. Its the Inflight folks that are behind this idea. The pilots and Flight leadership aren't interested.

SonicPig said:
The idea that has been floated is to charge FA's from airlines that don't reciprocate with JB. This has nothing to do with pilots. Still unlimited offline pilot jumpseaters if space is available.

Later,
The Pig.

Exactly....

This has NOTHING to do with pilots. Our JS policy towards F/A's is that we take anyone. Our FA's have become very frusterated that every airlines fa's can jumpseat on us but they cannot jumpseat on them. There are only a few airlines that allow our FA's to jumpseat on them. For them they would NOT be charged. The F/A's who do not have an recipricol agreement would be charged, the reason would be to help aquire a recip agreement to make the charge go away. Many of us here do not agree with charging anyone to jumpseat...but on the other end its not fair that our FA's are not allowed to JS on every other 121 airline that allows fa jumpseaters. We have the most lenient js poilcy in the buisness. No caps, no limits...open seat its yours. Our FA's should be able to js on others.

How many BJ people live in NY? It is going to be funny when the rest of the industry decides that it isn't interested in Jet Blue jumpseats and they aren't interested in any JB folks riding theirs either.

My god....this has nothing to do with the pilots. This is a FA thing and I would doubt it would happen. The majority of the employees here dont like the idea. How many UAL fa's use us to get to JFK. I would guess we have 3-6 on every flight we do from FLL/PBI/MCO/RSW/ to jfk. This is not a JS war, it was simply an idea that has gone nowhere.

I was charged $25 while attempting to JS from BUR-MCO last weekend. I was told that because the plane was half full, I couldn't "jumpseat" and had to pay the $25 non rev fee...

I think it's extremely fair to charge Flight Attendants from airlines that don't allow our FA's to jumpseat on them. The idea is for them to go to their management and unions and get them to open up to our FAs . Once they do, we will no longer charge them. What's wrong with that idea?.....Fair is fair in my opinion.
You'd be surprised how many FAs we bring into and out of JFK from other airlines who apologize to us about their company's stance towards our FAs.
This DOES NOT apply to pilots!

chperplt said:
I was charged $25 while attempting to JS from BUR-MCO last weekend. I was told that because the plane was half full, I couldn't "jumpseat" and had to pay the $25 non rev fee...
That doesn't make any sense. Plane was half-full so you had to buy a pass? Jetblue has the most liberal and generous jumpseat policy in the industry...period.

If your story is true, PM one of us JetBlue pilots the details so we can get it straitened out.

Last edited:
Bill Nelson said:
How many BJ people live in NY? It is going to be funny when the rest of the industry decides that it isn't interested in Jet Blue jumpseats and they aren't interested in any JB folks riding theirs either.

You obviously don’t have the slightest idea what you’re talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back