• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
8vATE said:
IMO... you are just trying to rationalize the crummy policy AIRTRAN has.
Granted... it's better than nothing... but it still is a crummy deal compared to other airlines' policies!

Then don't pay it! Go find the next flight, and be the first jumpseater in line for that one...just as you would be forced to do at Delta. Problem solved.

Everytime one of you whiny punka$$ pilots pays that $25 fee, it hurts our negotiating position. We're trying very hard to get rid of this POS policy that our greedy management has instituted. But you continue to blame the pilots as if we are the source of this. Get real!

Myself and another pilot reimbursed a SWA pilot last week on my flight because the gate agent charged him $25 and we were embarrassed to see this. $25 into the coffers of an anti-pilot, anti-union management group that gave themselves $8.3 million is bonuses one quarter and then another $4 million in additional bonuses in a subsequent quarter. Direct your anger to them, not the pilot group. Help us to help you by not paying this fee. Just go to the next flight...just like Delta. I don't see you pissing yourself over their j/s policy which incidentally is EXACTLY the same as ours.

We WILL get an unlimited jumpseat policy in the new contract no matter what it takes. Just be patient and don't play management's game.

jetblue320 said:
That is a 100% lie and you know it. We have never charged to "jumpseat".

If you rode a pass that you got from your pass bureau, well then maybe that was the case. And, in that case, it is not riding a "jumpseat".

I just received confirmation, we DID charge this poor guy for a jumpseat!
The gate agent obviously had an important part of her anatomy inserted in ANOTHER important part and charged him $25 bucks PLUS tax!

jetblue320, YOU need to apologize!

chperplt, I am so sorry! Things are in motion to make it up to you.
Thank you for bringing this to light!

DonVerita said:
Everytime one of you whiny punka$$ pilots pays that $25 fee, it hurts our negotiating position.

I'm with you, and I never pay the fee to get to work since we have a commuter clause that keeps me from getting in trouble if I get bumped; however, AirTran has the very last flight home to ATL from DTW at night, and I'm not going to spend the night in DTW when I can just drop the $25 for the non-rev pass if I'm the second jumpseater.

For the record, I've only been charged by a handful of gate agents even when I'm the second jumpseater. Most of them don't even bother charging, especially when the Captain is standing nearby. The policy sucks, but it's still better than DAL's policy.

oldxfr8dog said:
I just received confirmation, we DID charge this poor guy for a jumpseat!
The gate agent obviously had an important part of her anatomy inserted in ANOTHER important part and charged him $25 bucks PLUS tax!

I'm curious, how was this even possible? Did the gate agent have to force the fee into the computer system? If the computer didn't prompt her to charge him for it, where did she even get this crazy idea of charging a jumpseater?

It DID happen.

But even more importantly, one of our pilots jumped all over it and took the problem to the right people. Those people are going to fix this for Chprpilot. We aren't perfect, but we can "cowboy up" and try to fix our mistakes.

Now that this has been resolved, this thread is done. Thanks everyone for the help.

lh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back