• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue/SWA linkup may be in the works.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I wonder...SWA wants into the NYC market in a big way. We all know that. Now that DAL and USAir have withdrawn their slot swap deal which effectively elbows SWA out of any additional LGA slots, what would you do if you were Gary Kelly? If the goal really is NYC, what other choice do you have? (other than making a play for B6)

I wonder...SWA wants into the NYC market in a big way. We all know that. Now that DAL and USAir have withdrawn their slot swap deal which effectively elbows SWA out of any additional LGA slots, what would you do if you were Gary Kelly? If the goal really is NYC, what other choice do you have? (other than making a play for B6)

Newburgh!!!!!!

jetblue-airbus-flies-over-a-pair-of-southwest-airlines-jets-from-bob-hope-airport-in-burbank.jpg

AH, I found this picture on the internet. It's sooooo happining! I can not wait to get on that pay scale... or be unemployed agian!

Lemme guess, Transcon, Flaps 3, 2/3 Galley, Packs Off, TOGA T/O out of BUR with a tech stop in LAS? What a minute...something's wrong...is that a B6 flight taking off in broad daylight?

jetblue-airbus-flies-over-a-pair-of-southwest-airlines-jets-from-bob-hope-airport-in-burbank.jpg

AH, I found this picture on the internet. It's sooooo happining! I can not wait to get on that pay scale... or be unemployed agian!

Any thoughts??

Your are correct.

It is up to the pilot group to stand firm together for meaningful protections of a CBA.

Unless you think it is the wonderful culture of AMR/UAL/DAL/HAL/ALA/FedEx's that prevents Chautauqua/SkyWest/Express Jet/Republic from flying AMR/UAL/DAL/HAL/ALA/FedEx's 737 (A320) - 777s (A330).

Midwest pilot thought culture was better than the job security section of their CBA applying to code sharing. I hope Jetblue pilot drop the blind faith and stand firm together. But after following your posts on this forum I don't think we have a chance.

I'm planning on The JetBlue Brand being around for a long time. The problem though is that JetBlue pilots will not be operating JetBlue coded flights 5 years from today.

So Bluesideup340, is it culture or contract that limits the ability of these major airlines from outsourcing 777 (A330) - 737 (A320) to a code share partner?

I would disagree with the above. JBLU is starting to look more like some sort of a "regional airline" (read below). I think you'll be around for years to come and continue to get stronger. Airlines are finally figuring out that the RJ isn't worth a crap. At least the new face of the "regional" will have much better wages, a bar for all us to reach!!

American and JetBlue: A Potent Partnership?
07/19/2010
Wall Street Journal

Return to Top

American Airlines and jetBlue Airways put their previously announced interline agreement into place on Tuesday and added news that they will offer frequent-flier credit in each others' programs on those specific routes. And so far, only on those specific routes.

The deal is limited, but it has the potential to turn into more.

JetBlue and American will sell connecting service on each other's flights to specific destinations. JetBlue will essentially feed American international flights from New York and Boston, and American will bring connecting traffic to jetBlue domestic flights, where the two airlines don't overlap.

Using jetBlue to provide lots of connections to American international flights could be a major boost for American as it competes with Delta at Kennedy International Airport, Continental at Newark Liberty International Airport and a world of international carriers. And for jetBlue, the wide array of American customers in New York and Boston now have slightly higher preference for jetBlue than other airlines when traveling to cities not served by American. Both airlines get more passengers, at the expense of competitors.

Is it enough to change the competitive landscape in New York? Probably not, at least in its current form. Both airlines have said this may lead to more cooperation, so the partnership could prove more potent in years ahead. JetBlue has also said it is interested in feeding international flights for other airlines as well.

Later this year -– the airlines haven't announced a specific date -– the frequent-flier portion will kick in. American loyalists can get AAdvantage miles on jetBlue flights to 18 cities, from Portland, Maine, to Phoenix. JetBlue loyalists can get TrueBlue points on American flights to 13 international destinations, from Tokyo to Milan. The domestic part of the deal doesn't cross over to big destinations, like Los Angeles and Fort Lauderdale. The international part includes heavily traveled routes like New York to both London and Paris.

Last edited:
Lemme guess, Transcon, Flaps 3, 2/3 Galley, Packs Off, TOGA T/O out of BUR with a tech stop in LAS? What a minute...something's wrong...is that a B6 flight taking off in broad daylight?

Man, I dunno, I fly for Jb Express!:beer:

If it's "Link-Up" , it will be just like the Frontier "Link-Up"

A JetBlue "Staple-Job" because the SW Attorneys have determined that "Part-Time"
"Contract" Employees have no contractual rights.

Just like they found a "Loop-Hole" around Federal Law in the Frontier case.

They may rot in hell, but they will screw you out of your seniority , just like they've
done in the past.

If it's "Link-Up" , it will be just like the Frontier "Link-Up"

A JetBlue "Staple-Job" because the SW Attorneys have determined that "Part-Time"
"Contract" Employees have no contractual rights.

Just like they found a "Loop-Hole" around Federal Law in the Frontier case.

They may rot in hell, but they will screw you out of your seniority , just like they've
done in the past.

There was no loop hole to be found. SWA was not integrating Frontier's operation into SWA's.

When a contract gives part time employee rights then they have contractual rights.

Duh...

Latest resources

Back