Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue supports Abu Dhabi PreClearance!!!! Horrible!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

tailhookah

Just be the ball, Danny..
http://www.usatoday.com/story/today...odeshare-pact-with-abu-dhabis-etihad/4795581/

Article says it all... this is a job and career killer. Hopefully Jetblue votes in Alpa. Alpa is very against this for obvious reasons and this will be a big fight for the (hopefully) fledgling Jetblue Alpa MEC. Good luck.

In the meantime Jetblue pilots, you all need to know just how damaging this pre-clearance facility is to YOUR future.

Tail

Just one more reason we are trying to bring ALPA on again. This time all indications are we have a strong majority.

For all you inhouse hopefuls how would our little inhouse handle a situation like this?

I can see this as a rallying call for ALPA, but this Abu Dhabi pre clearance deal is being blown way out of proportion. Look, Shannon, Ireland has one too, and British Airways uses it on their A318 service from London City airport to JFK, with a short stop there. Fact is, Abu Dhabi is way too far away to affect us, except for some traffic from India or Pakistan. US citizens won't back track all the way to Abu Dhabi from Europe or Asia to clear customs early and then go onto the USA. Nope. This deal does NOT really affect US carriers, sans some Indian or Pakistani pax.

Bye Bye---General Lee

I can see this as a rallying call for ALPA, but this Abu Dhabi pre clearance deal is being blown way out of proportion. Look, Shannon, Ireland has one too, and British Airways uses it on their A318 service from London City airport to JFK, with a short stop there. Fact is, Abu Dhabi is way too far away to affect us, except for some traffic from India or Pakistan. US citizens won't back track all the way to Abu Dhabi from Europe or Asia to clear customs early and then go onto the USA. Nope. This deal does NOT really affect US carriers, sans some Indian or Pakistani pax.

Bye Bye---General Lee
You are a complete ********************ing moron! Yes, and US carriers use the one at Shannon, at Dublin, and at Aruba!
What US carrier flies into Abu Dhabi? This does nothing for US carriers!
This is a threat to US aviation commercial jobs. Why should my tax dollars pay for some middle eastern airline to get through customs on their soil.
It's obvious you aren't a pilot, let alone an adult. Get back to your flight sim kid! I'm sure you mom would be pissed knowing your on dad's computer again.
****************************** bag!

Dublin also has pre-clearance (new T-2 only), it works out very well with the one stop shop in DUB and not waiting around for bags in EWR/ORDJFK to put them back on another conveyor to your final destination.

You are a complete ********************ing moron! Yes, and US carriers use the one at Shannon, at Dublin, and at Aruba!
What US carrier flies into Abu Dhabi? This does nothing for US carriers!
This is a threat to US aviation commercial jobs. Why should my tax dollars pay for some middle eastern airline to get through customs on their soil.
It's obvious you aren't a pilot, let alone an adult. Get back to your flight sim kid! I'm sure you mom would be pissed knowing your on dad's computer again.
****************************** bag!

Whoa! You sound ticked, yet you give ZERO reasons why an Abu Dhabi facility would take any US jobs. As far as US taxes used to pay for it, that is a waste, but one of many wasteful things, like Amtrak. Why don't you bi&$h about that too while you're at it? You are still an idiot that can't debate!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Whoa! You sound ticked, yet you give ZERO reasons why an Abu Dhabi facility would take any US jobs. As far as US taxes used to pay for it, that is a waste, but one of many wasteful things, like Amtrak. Why don't you bi&$h about that too while you're at it? You are still an idiot that can't debate!

Bye Bye---General Lee
And you're still a basement troll picking his nose and eating it. 19,000 posts, and you still offer nothing! Get back to flight sim dufus, it's almost time to do math and spelling homework!

And you're still a basement troll picking his nose and eating it. 19,000 posts, and you still offer nothing! Get back to flight sim dufus, it's almost time to do math and spelling homework!

Ahhahahahaha! You still couldn't do it. Answer the question: how will the Abu Dhabi pre customs facility take away US jobs? It actually creates some THERE. If you don't choose to debate, it proves YOU are a loser, which everyone already knows.... Funny stuff. Do you believe in unicorns too? I bet you do fruitcake.

Bye Bye---General Lee

GL...

Just stop. You are further isolating yourself on Clown Island and we got no birds in the air searching for you.

GL...

Just stop. You are further isolating yourself on Clown Island and we got no birds in the air searching for you.

Bill,

Isolating myself because I bring up a good point? Riiiight. You answer the question if you can. Why does this AUH facility cost US jobs? Typical ALPA rally call......

And I don't care about idiots like Scoot. Your response is interesting, though. Oh well.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest resources

Back