• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sidestick got the call today
do da
do da
Airbus November thirtayea
oh the do da day

See you in school. Schwing!

Congratulations to all of the guys who made it. For the guys in the same boat as me, keep your chin(s) up. Odds are that it will still happen. Good luck and have a great weekend.

As I think I know who Sidestick is,

I'm at odds with the fact that he will be senior to me.

Unless I get the call soon......(being older does have it's few privileges)

Congrats guys and gals! Welcome to the family. You'll like it, even if you do have to wear a blue shirt.

I think it makes me look slender.:)

Congrats guys. I am on a trip, so maybe I have a message at home. Or maybe I am a loser and they can't think of a nice way to tell me.

Flipper,

You're missing the point of the blue shirt. It brings out the blue in your eyes. Come to think of it, it does the same for mine.

Happy landings,

Hotel in MCO

Hey guys,

I got the call for the November 30th class. I chose the bus! Anybody know what type of hotel newhires stay at in MCO? I was wondering if it was an extended stay hotel with a kitchen? 6 weeks eating at restaurants gets a little old and expensive!

drivea75 said:
Hey guys,

I got the call for the November 30th class. I chose the bus! Anybody know what type of hotel newhires stay at in MCO? I was wondering if it was an extended stay hotel with a kitchen? 6 weeks eating at restaurants gets a little old and expensive!

Most newhire's get put in the Wingate in MCO. The rooms aren't bad at all and all have a microwave and fridge. I stocked up on plenty of Water, Tuna, Peanut Butter and Jelly and other sandwich stuff. Worked out well. Also, they have a pretty good breakfast in the morning with hot and cold food. You can grab a couple of yogurts/fruit etc... and take them to your room for snacks.

Lunch at JetBlue university is pretty damn good. It's only $3.75 and that gets you a great sandwich or salad + chips or slaw or potato salad and a drink. Coffee/Tea is free all day long. Everyone eats lunch at the University.

To be honest, it's hard not to go out each night. Someone is always going over to Chili's or Bennigan's or Hooter's etc.. for an ice cold one and some food. I dropped a ton of cash during training, but it was well worth it. I made some great friends and had a great time. It helped keep the stress level low.

If you can drive your car down for training, I would highly suggest it.

Good Luck.

Latest resources

Back