• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

jetblue reports small profit, loss for year

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA you sound bitter. My guess is you are part of the problem. But then I am just a dumba$$ LCC pilot.

Benhuntn said:
AA you sound bitter. My guess is you are part of the problem. But then I am just a dumba$$ LCC pilot.

Not bitter at all! Actually I am the dumba$$. You see I am a civilian legacy pilot. No future, no good contract. Just the bottom of the barrel.

Cheers,

AA

In case you couldn't tell that was humor.

True UAL and JBLU 5-year pilots both make $121/hr... But JBLU pilots will make $181.5/hr at premium (70+ hours). Furthermore, a recent search on Travelocity shows a round trip fare of $103 between MCO-ORD on Delta, UAL (Ted), and NWA... all airlines in Chapter 11. Now that's cheap, and JBLU doesn't fly that route...

But I can think of one LCC that does fly MDW-MCO.

Premium pay is not contract guranteed. If things get slow they don't have to build 80+ hour lines.

lowecur said:
Frontier is down about 25% on the SWA announcement. I just bought a few shares as I don't see SWA tearing up DEN.

Jetblue is down around 4%. With a 3/2 stocksplit coming up in what Dec, that should bring the price in around $10 if the stock trades down to my anticipated $15 range. I will probably wet my beak between $6-8 per share as S&P has forecast a loss for the year of .10 per share($15M). This points to a 4Q loss of .25-.35 per share, or a $39-55M. Those fare give-aways to stimulate the new shuttle are killers.

:beer: Beer Me!:D

Why in God's name would you BUY a stock that is down. You should be shorting selling this dog

I guess you bought Enron also when it went from $80 to $40 and became a "fifty percent off sale, lets fill the dumptruck with more"

Enron later went from $40 to zero months later

capt. megadeth said:
I agree......the pax will get over it. Besides, who cares what they think? The will still fly.

Soon they will all be flying on RJ's flown by the regionals or "majors" like Mesa

I mean, who cares what they think?

They will still fly.

satpak77 said:
Why in God's name would you BUY a stock that is down. You should be shorting selling this dog

I guess you bought Enron also when it went from $80 to $40 and became a "fifty percent off sale, lets fill the dumptruck with more"

Enron later went from $40 to zero months later
Check with me in a few weeks. It's a short term play based on an over-reaction. My guess is I make 10 to 20% very quickly. If I'm wrong, then I take my medicine.

:pimp:

lowecur said:
Check with me in a few weeks. It's a short term play based on an over-reaction. My guess is I make 10 to 20% very quickly. If I'm wrong, then I take my medicine.

:pimp:

Fact is, the trend is down. Short-term play, over reaction, etc etc is all fluffy fundamentalist crap

the price is DOWN. Price is the ultimate fundamental.

what is your catalyst for a quick 20%?

G4G5:

See, that is where you are wrong.....the company will continue to build lines that are whatever the pilots want....its called a pref bid system. You bid for and fly as little (70 hrs) to the max (generally 95 hours) or as much as you wish. They don't build lines and then have you bid on them.

And further, if they restrict the number of hours the average joe flies, then they be less productive.

Try again.

A350

Latest resources

Back