• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue Question, M&A

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
First of all: a staple is not in anyones future ever again thanks to Allegehny-Mohawk. Second of all: why wouldn't you be interested. I will take a SW merger over an AA, Virgin, Spirit, whoever. Unless you are in the top 25% of the JB list you will have nothing but gain even if we are stapled. More money, more time off, better retirement, more base choices. Other than the fact that you might be wearing a different color shirt there is no down side. Do yourself a favor and compare payscales on APC and see where you would fall at your year of pay. Even on the FO side I think you will be just fine.

Thats your opinion chief. Besides the pay scale, I have different opinions and preferences.

You must be kidding. Throwing you under the bus. You currently make $155/hr with 17 days off a month. Even as an FO you would get at least 17 days off a month and make $144/hr. If you did keep your seat you would be makeing $206/hr and probably still get 16-17 days off a month due to SW efficiency. Lets just say there are very few JB pilots that wouldn't get a good deal out a SW merger. What bus are you talking about. This is one bus that wouldn't hurt to get hit by.

Hm, let's see. Top 10% seniority -> bottom 20%, while losing pay, schedule, an easy drive to work, and a captain seat that I *might* regain just before retirement. Right, what's not to love about the idea? :rolleyes:

Hm, let's see. Top 10% seniority -> bottom 20%, while losing pay, schedule, an easy drive to work, and a captain seat that I *might* regain just before retirement. Right, what's not to love about the idea? :rolleyes:

So you are going to go from makeing $150k+ a year with 17 days off a month, to makeing $150k+ a year with 17 days off a month. Better retirement, better medical, better bonuses, better profit shareing, and a good possibility that your base would still be a base. Even with a staple you wouldn't go to the bottom 20%. The only possible difference is that you might do all this with 3 stripes on your arm instead of 4. Nope. Don't feel bad for ya. The reality is you would probably still make more money with more time off if SW merged with JB.

Didn't address a single thing I mentioned, except (wrongly) the pay. Hope you're right. But then, hope isn't much of a plan, is it?

$$$4nothin A/M does not apply to the Jetblue pilot group. This was made very clear by the NMB. A staple is very likely. Also, as per our PEA 50% of the pilot group may be placed at the bottom of another list. While this does not apply to me is screws a minimum of 50% of the anti-alpa, pro-5 documents pilot group. You may care to read what you signed.

First of all: a staple is not in anyones future ever again thanks to Allegehny-Mohawk. Second of all: why wouldn't you be interested. I will take a SW merger over an AA, Virgin, Spirit, whoever. Unless you are in the top 25% of the JB list you will have nothing but gain even if we are stapled. More money, more time off, better retirement, more base choices. Other than the fact that you might be wearing a different color shirt there is no down side. Do yourself a favor and compare payscales on APC and see where you would fall at your year of pay. Even on the FO side I think you will be just fine.

Also, not at all black and white with a non-union pilot group. This is totally untested and a grey area.

For all the clueless Jetblue pilots a quote from your PEA

...acknowledge and agree that in no event shall a fair and equitable integration of the pre-Transactional Event pilot seniority lists include the placement of the majority of the Airline’s pilots on the Airline’s pilots seniority list at the bottom of the successor’s pilot seniority list...

This means a 50% staple is acceptable. You didn't read it but you signed it. Oh well. I got mine.

And in my on going educational campaign for those less educated below is a link you may want to read.

http://dwp.bigplanet.com/johnl123/n...vention/Section 3 and 13 Allegheny1Mohawk.pdf

McKaskill Bond as well as Allegheny-Mohawk simply provide you with a fair process and not a guaranteed outcome. A CBA gave you a voice. A PEA does not. A CBA provided resources to enter mediation and arbitration. A PEA does not. A CBA does not require a formal signature from Jetblue allowing Joinder. A PEA does.

This is the problem with Jetblue pilots. You believed everything management told you but forget to read the fine print. Heck, there isn't even any fine print. Jetblue put ALL of this in bold print and you still ignored and signed it. Absolutely amazing.

So you are going to go from makeing $150k+ a year with 17 days off a month, to makeing $150k+ a year with 17 days off a month. Better retirement, better medical, better bonuses, better profit shareing, and a good possibility that your base would still be a base. Even with a staple you wouldn't go to the bottom 20%. The only possible difference is that you might do all this with 3 stripes on your arm instead of 4. Nope. Don't feel bad for ya. The reality is you would probably still make more money with more time off if SW merged with JB.

I really can't believe i'm reading this... The fact that you are even alittle ok with a simple staple is discusting. You've been here for what? A year? Glad your ready for the buy out. Glad your willing to take whatever is dolled out. High five...

You do realize that one number can make the difference in getting a pay check and working for the government. I'd like more between me and the bottom.

I really can't believe i'm reading this... The fact that you are even alittle ok with a simple staple is discusting. You've been here for what? A year? Glad your ready for the buy out. Glad your willing to take whatever is dolled out. High five...

You do realize that one number can make the difference in getting a pay check and working for the government. I'd like more between me and the bottom.

He has been here 3 months!!! That is why he is ok with a staple, he is already on the bottom.

Hey $$$4nothin I have been here almost 5 years around 1500ish on the seniority and I am not ok with a ********************ing staple.:angryfire

$$$4nothin Go read what Lake Alice posted above then read it again.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back