• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

JetBlue PVC/ Atkins and Co. Compensation video

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Couple reasons, first and foremost is seed money. There isn't any. Second who is willing to step up and run it? I've flown with several guys who ask for an internal SWAPA type union. When I ask if they can get it started they back off. At this point its really ALPA or nothing. I'm tired of being played by management and the fake "student council". I want professional negotiators dealing for me and my family and will be happy to pay my 2% dues or more to make it happen.

New ALPA dues is now 1.9%, down from 1.95%. Union dues are tax deductible so it's about 1.5%!

I'm not opposed to a CBA. And it isn't the local ALPA I have a problem with. Why can't we do another internal union run? I'm not alone in my distaste for ALPA.

I don't know who you are, but I was at ASA also and was not happy with alot MEC/LEC things that went on there. However, I DO know that ALPA
National is support for the local. Who or what exactly is is about your statement about?. Were you here when we tried JBPA? Capt Veg is spot on about the attemp with that. AND, the hiring here in the last year or two has been specifically targeted at those who are anti union. If you are for a CBA, how do you expect to get one? I don't care if it's ALPA, IBT, United Auto Workers or the Girl Scouts. We need a CBA yesterday and ALPA is the fastest way to get one. Not the cure-all but something now.

I hear you all. Truly, I do. I'm not voting yes for ALPA. Period. I'll volunteer, donate my money (above and beyond the dues), vote, and actively support an in-house union in any way possible. I'll help with the drive. Whatever it takes.

I will not support sending a portion of dues to Washington DC to a union that primarily represents the interests of Delta Air Lines. My vote is no if ALPA is on the ballot.

... union that primarily represents the interests of Delta Air Lines.

Explain HAL and ALA.

Another commuter dork who thought they should be flying DAL customers in a 737-800 at ASA. But those big bad DAL pilots and ALPA conspired against them.

Why are pilots the dumbest smart people in the universe.

...Why can't we do another internal union run? I'm not alone in my distaste for ALPA.

You can.

But you are not.

So stop your complaining and start your internal effort.

Since you are not alone it will be easy! Do it for puck sake.

pucking pilots. They stand in outfield and look at the fly ball and then each other and at the same time call: "Yours"

I hear you all. Truly, I do. I'm not voting yes for ALPA. Period. I'll volunteer, donate my money (above and beyond the dues), vote, and actively support an in-house union in any way possible. I'll help with the drive. Whatever it takes.

I will not support sending a portion of dues to Washington DC to a union that primarily represents the interests of Delta Air Lines. My vote is no if ALPA is on the ballot.

Great. Another guy from some red-headed step-child regional who probably couldn't get hired at Delta holding a sophomoric grudge against the boogie man.

You're really proving your point aren't you?

I'm so sick of the inane arguments against ALPA. I can't say that they're a panacea for our plight but, for christsakes, do the research on JB mgmt.

I've been here over 10 years and I thought we needed a union back then. You guys who disdain ALPA are cutting off your noses to spite your faces. Based on my interactions with your ilk, I literally can no longer stomach your 9th-grade one-dimensional BS.

Management is laughing all the way to the bank. And they're laughing at the likes of you.

$$$for nothin I hate to make it seem like i am singling you out as i did on the other thread but welcome aboard while you are here i invite you gather the facts find out the truths and be informed. This is not your regional job

facts dont lie and we are behind our peers in nearly every category and getting worse. Our management team loves to reinvent the wheel . It started with peerset average and a three year process where the process they created was not followed. Then along came contrarian.. Every time our elt opened their pie holes " contrarian this and that spewed out" Then along came " holistic aproach " the final rendition was the change from peerset average to peerset competitive. The legal interpretation 101 meaning of this is that " peerset average" is easily defined while " peerset competitive " is not what does it mean? Is 10% less competitive? 20%? Is the guy that comes in third place " competitive? Thats a management dream and doesnt make them look like fools when they cant meet their own obligations which has become the norm around here.

Another is Net Promoter Score every captain has a NPS here but it is unknown to them until they go to captain charm school. What defines it? How do you increase it? How do you see it? What about a captain that is on reserve and gets all the crap trips? Or redeyes? naturally his nps is going to be lower than the day island turn captain. The bottom line is that the pressure is on you to make sure your score is high but you receive no benefit becuase it is an executive compensation bonus plan. If the score meets a certain figure they all take a $1,000,000 bonus. You the captain? Nothing

A few years back they missed it miserably but voted to pay themselves anyways. CEO executive pay? increased by 77% over 2 years

Workrules and rigs? They are FAR based and suck

PTO accrual? Nearly 100% behind out peers as our vacations comes out of the pto bank

Insurance? worst in the industry

If you are injured cobra after 6 months and dumped after 18.. you will go bankrupt

the candy coating shell looks great on the outside but its what on the inside that counts and the fact is that jb has some real issues

also i am sure all the young guys never even give a thought to what could happen in the future because life is perfect but the reality is that what you have today or what you are earning today or how you feel today is not a guarantee that things will only get better for you either personally, professionally, or financially. Life happens things change families divorces and deaths happen. The best you life may ever be might be what it is today. Then again it may be better or worse.

Bottom line is that our retirment is inadequate given the high likelihood that you could become injured or suffer a medical issue that renders your high cost atp worthless.

THIS!!!!....Best post ever!!!

You should post this on BP

Are you implying that your dues money goes towards lobbying efforts to benefit DAL? ALPA-PAC donations are completely separate from dues money, and are completely voluntary, so hopefully that neutralizes your stance a bit.

Latest resources

Back