Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pilots show that a $110k pilot...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilotyip said:
Pay has nothing to do with skill. Read the tales of the B-17 pilots, high school grads, over Germany in WWII. They brought back airplanes that were scrap metal and safely got their crews on the ground. They did this for what would be in today's wages of around $35K.

So when do we talk about pay? When does pay come into play?

Seperate situations.....

But I don't want to make 35k to fly an A320...

michael707767 said:
hate to say it, but he's exactly correct. Next time we ask for a pay raise (or just to hang on to the pay we have) management will say the Jetblue pilots do a fine job and they make less than you do.

how funny it is that the captain of "canyon blue" makes more than your ALPA boys over at USAIR, AMERICA WEST, UNITED,and soon to be NORTHWEST....OUCH!!!

Last edited:
Call someone who cares

Texasskicker said:
Failure to comply with crew commands is a Federal offense.

Do you think the schmo that used his camcorder during the emergency landing as broadcast on PMSNBC last night shows there was a problem with compliance on that Jetblue flight? Or, did the passenger know he was exempt from this rule becuase he was an employee of NBC? Hmmm......

Sorry, but this event has my BP up today. Maybe the crew was a little too easy going and jovial. Maybe this particular passenger got the impression he could get away with having his portable electronic device in his hand and rolling during one of the most critical moments in aviation and brodcast TV history. Who knows?

Hey Brau;

Wasting your breath in this forum. Call Foxnews and tell them your beef. Rivals on the waves de la air.

Maybe you have a good story here. The boyz drinking the Blue-Aid on this bored aint listening.

As smart as you have to be to fly in todays age, it amazes me to read some of these post and realize that the combined IQ's of a few of you might be that of your average kindergartner. SCUBABRI, when you get enough time to even get hired at a commuter you might THINK about posting on this site. Until then, keep your trap shut and keep yankin that Lear Gear. I'll keep showing the IRS my Buck Fifty a year that we "Blue Dorks" are making. To the rest of the professionals out there that are having your retirements and pay raped and pilaged from you my heart goes out to you. For those that think your retirement is gone because of LCC's should educate yourself on the industry and the laws of supply and demand. Its sad that we pilots are famous for eating our young. If we werent so selfish, and quick to find blame with the industry woes on members of our very own profession we might collectively gain ground and one day earn what we deserve or (negotiate) For those that feel you have to Monday Morning Quarterback the actions of flight 292's crew, Get a LIFE.

IB6 UB9 said:
Not enough to do today? This is shaping up to be one of the more ridiculous threads of the month. I jumpseated last week on NWA...the following dialogue took place:

NWA Cpt: "You JetBlue guys are nice guys and all...I'll give you a ride...but this erosion of the industry's wages has to stop."

Me: "I agree...in a couple of months I will be saying the same thing to you!"
Now is your chance to keep the bar raised folks.

I'm beyond curious here... Did you really say that?? And if so,did he let you ride?

PHXFLYR:cool:

texasskier said:
Failure to comply with crew commands is a Federal offense.

Maybe this particular passenger got the impression he could get away with having his portable electronic device in his hand and rolling during one of the most critical moments in aviation and brodcast TV history. Who knows?

Are you insane? "...the most critcal moment in aviation and broadcast TV history?"

I'd say bulldoze the monument in Kitty Hawk and put up a Jetblue memorial...jimminy crickets.

CUZ said:
As smart as you have to be to fly in todays age, it amazes me to read some of these post and realize that the combined IQ's of a few of you might be that of your average kindergartner. SCUBABRI, when you get enough time to even get hired at a commuter you might THINK about posting on this site. Until then, keep your trap shut and keep yankin that Lear Gear. I'll keep showing the IRS my Buck Fifty a year that we "Blue Dorks" are making. To the rest of the professionals out there that are having your retirements and pay raped and pilaged from you my heart goes out to you. For those that think your retirement is gone because of LCC's should educate yourself on the industry and the laws of supply and demand. Its sad that we pilots are famous for eating our young. If we werent so selfish, and quick to find blame with the industry woes on members of our very own profession we might collectively gain ground and one day earn what we deserve or (negotiate) For those that feel you have to Monday Morning Quarterback the actions of flight 292's crew, Get a LIFE.

CUZ,

don't have to be too smart in todays world... Airbus and Canadair build jets so pilots from third world countries can fly them. To keep up sales, jets need to be built and not crash...this includes the non industrial countries...

look in the mirror... your vitrol is divisive..... coming from a jb-er I expect more....

Everyone brings something to the table.... even the new guys... if you are going to guide and lead then do so.....

If you want to put people on guard then keep it up..... The fight is out there not here....

Last edited:
General Lee said:
No, he said, "Hey, great job guys, when you get to JFK tonight, we still want you to do that transcon turn. But, you will get paid for the 3 hour flgiht around LA. Now go clean the cabin...."

That was funny. Hey, I did watch the landing on the news and I thought they did a great job. Those Airbus planes are pretty sturdy....atleast that nose gear strut is. And, it was amazing that they allowed the pax to watch the liveTV----I would have pulled that CB... Good job though guys...

Bye Bye--General Lee

I think they did the exact correct thing in leaving the TVs on while holding, and then turning them off for landing. It kept the customers occupied, and focused on something. Sure, they were getting some bad info from the reporters, but that's nothing new. The last thing you want to do is to start changing things to add to your workload. They tried to keep the cabin as normal as possible, which 90% of the time, is the right thing to to.

I thought it would have been a good idea to have the weather channel show the landing and tower flybys, so the crew could see a live video feed of the condition of nosewheel in the cockpit. Certainly not 3 hours of coverage, but that last 5 minutes would have been handy. Every other channel had coverage, so what's one more.

DW

Hey Scubwhatever,

Pay has nothing to do with the professional skill demonstrated by this crew. They did a superb job and should be commended for it. Had you done your homework, you'd know we make the same as 5th or 6th yr. Airbus Capt at UA. The only person who lowers the bar is you by making such inane comments. And with your highly experienced 2700 hrs., I wonder if you would be a statistic or a success faced with a similar situation. If xyz Startup offered you a position as a 73XX pilot for something over 60k/yr., you'd jump at it to get out of the bag carrying, drink serving, portapotty emptier business.

BTW, had this incident happened anywhere else than LA, it would have been a two line footnote in USAToday.

Sheesh guys lighten up!! Are you all wound up so tight that you didn't get the sarcasm? I think the jetblue guys did a splended job and that they deserve way more than they are getting paid.. had you got the sarcasm, maybe you would have figured that out. So call your dog off and lighten up a little bit.

My point was is that I am sure that there will be some management dork that will say that very thing.. "why should we pay these guys more, because when the sh*t hits the fan, they will have the integrity to do the best job regardless of what we pay them, and we can take advantage of that to increase our profits"

So yah know what jimcav, and the rest of you who are so wound up to not see the sarcasm and just want to use the forums to vent anger all the time.. f*ck off.

jimcav said:
Hey scubabri those jetblue guys probably have more time inside the marker than you have total time. Take your 2700 hrs and your 300k dreams and stick them up your a$$. I'm so sick of hearing the low timers criticize LCC pay rates. While I agree jetblue 190 rates suck at least get to this level or a couple thousand more hours under your belt before you sound off. Who the hell are you ?

Latest resources

Back