• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

Jetblue pilots show that a $110k pilot...

scubabri

Junior Mint
Total Time
will do the same job as a $200K pilot.

that's the problem!!! We need low paid volunteers to crash a few times to show that low pay is dangerous... anyone? anyone? Way to screw it up for the rest of us you jetblue d*rks ;)

<insert sarcastic smirk here>

sb

michael707767

Total Time
scubabri said:

that's the problem!!!sb

hate to say it, but he's exactly correct. Next time we ask for a pay raise (or just to hang on to the pay we have) management will say the Jetblue pilots do a fine job and they make less than you do.

IB6 UB9

I don't Remember
Total Time
10000+
Not enough to do today? This is shaping up to be one of the more ridiculous threads of the month. I jumpseated last week on NWA...the following dialogue took place:

NWA Cpt: "You JetBlue guys are nice guys and all...I'll give you a ride...but this erosion of the industry's wages has to stop."

Me: "I agree...in a couple of months I will be saying the same thing to you!"
Now is your chance to keep the bar raised folks.

flyenglish1

Total Time
Idiots

Look at you guys all high and mighty! Why would you say that when the WHOLE pilot group nation wide are a bunch of spineless p*us*ys anyway. Do you rember when you flew for 7 hr, traffic watch? or 20/hr for commuters? Managment has said several times why pay them 200 when they will do it for 100? Who's fault is that? The next time you try to bash some guys that are just trying to make a buck think about that. The fact is that these guys have a skill and they need to feed there families just like YOU!

blahshmah

Total Time
5000+
IB6... that was a good one. Glad you were able to catch a ride.

FN FAL

Freight Dawgs Rule
Total Time
7,000+
The sad part is, things have gotten so bad in this country, when someone actually does their job it makes the six o'clock news.

Mmmmmm Burritos

Where mah dogs at?
Total Time
Lies!!
Doesn't matter what I get paid... if it was my butt on the line, you better believe I'm going to give it my all!! I'm pretty sure my views are the same as 99.99% of the pilots out there.

180ToTheMarker

12 months of October
Total Time
I overheard Neeleman say the following to the crew: "Good job guys, now go clean that cabin!"

Just kidding, nice work.

(o) (o)

Total Time
IB6 UB9 said:
Not enough to do today? This is shaping up to be one of the more ridiculous threads of the month. I jumpseated last week on NWA...the following dialogue took place:

NWA Cpt: "You JetBlue guys are nice guys and all...I'll give you a ride...but this erosion of the industry's wages has to stop."

Me: "I agree...in a couple of months I will be saying the same thing to you!"
Now is your chance to keep the bar raised folks.

So who ended up taking you home?

jetblue320

Total Time
19000+
scubabri said:

that's the problem!!! We need low paid volunteers to crash a few times to show that low pay is dangerous... anyone? anyone? Way to screw it up for the rest of us you jetblue d*rks ;)

<insert sarcastic smirk here>

sb

Ok, I'll take the bait.

I bet you would be singing a different tune if you were on that plane, you puke.

I happen to know who that pilot was and it has nothing to do with what he makes as a salary.....

You aren't even qualified to shine his shoes much less make a stupid statement like you did! Especially coming from a low time, low life!!

General Lee

Total Time
A lot
180ToTheMarker said:
I overheard Neeleman say the following to the crew: "Good job guys, now go clean that cabin!"

Just kidding, nice work.

No, he said, "Hey, great job guys, when you get to JFK tonight, we still want you to do that transcon turn. But, you will get paid for the 3 hour flgiht around LA. Now go clean the cabin...."

That was funny. Hey, I did watch the landing on the news and I thought they did a great job. Those Airbus planes are pretty sturdy....atleast that nose gear strut is. And, it was amazing that they allowed the pax to watch the liveTV----I would have pulled that CB... Good job though guys...

Bye Bye--General Lee

pipejockey

Total Time
0-9000
jetblue320 said:
Ok, I'll take the bait.

I bet you would be singing a different tune if you were on that plane, you puke.

I happen to know who that pilot was and it has nothing to do with what he makes as a salary.....

You aren't even qualified to shine his shoes much less make a stupid statement like you did! Especially coming from a low time, low life!!

The only low time, low life puke is you!! And we don't give a rats a** who you know small shot.

WhiteCloud

Total Time
General Lee said:
No, he said, "Hey, great job guys, when you get to JFK tonight, we still want you to do that transcon turn. But, you will get paid for the 3 hour flgiht around LA. Now go clean the cabin...."

That was funny. Hey, I did watch the landing on the news and I thought they did a great job. Those Airbus planes are pretty sturdy....atleast that nose gear strut is. And, it was amazing that they allowed the pax to watch the liveTV----I would have pulled that CB... Good job though guys...

Bye Bye--General Lee
It's actually a pretty cool concept to be able to step in the back and look at your own landing gear situation on TV first hand. Did the flight crew take a look at it? Pulling the CB might seem like the right thing to do but 3 hours of circling with nothing to do but worry or talk about the situation might have other consequences. Anyway...the crew did a great job and this will probably be a textbook case on how to do things right.

SWA/FO

5 Star Senior Member
Total Time
>12000
I find this very funny. A NWA guy saying that $hit to you. A guy that has crossed a picket line?

People act like every company is the size of Delta or AA. jetBlue is 5 years old, right?? You think they pay 300/hr when the company is still growing?

SWA guys agreed to a 10 year contact with pay freezes so the company could grow..... those guys only got something like 30,000 shares in SWA stock at 3 something a share.

SWA/FO out!!

dtfl

Total Time
4000+
General...I'd clean a cockpit for $110k. IF I ever work at Delta again...I will have janitors that make more than me...so why not be a pilot that cleans sometimes?

superrav

Total Time
enough
Ships are sinking with sharks (LCC's) in the water...good luck guys..i hope u guys take a stand..

jimcav

Total Time
Hey scubabri those jetblue guys probably have more time inside the marker than you have total time. Take your 2700 hrs and your 300k dreams and stick them up your a$$. I'm so sick of hearing the low timers criticize LCC pay rates. While I agree jetblue 190 rates suck at least get to this level or a couple thousand more hours under your belt before you sound off. Who the hell are you ?

AKAAB

Total Time
20K+
General Lee said:

Bye Bye--General Lee

The procedure is to turn off the LiveTV (via switch, not c/b's) prior to the emergency landing to assure the passengers comply with crew commands. As for the crew, only security cameras and The Weather Channel (sans sound) are displayed in the cockpit.

As for the transcon turns...care to guess who is in charge of the Alertness Management Program?