Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pilots show that a $110k pilot...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Pedro said:
Haha, maybe you can leave some student loans foryour kids to pay ;)

Stay in the Caravan man, a lot of times I find myself wishing I took that Caravan job they offered me.....
I got to touch a SJ once, back when I thought SJS could blindly get me through PPS (pilot poverty syndrome)...the SJS lasted about 6 paychecks. It's probably the same reason hypnotisim wouldn't cure me of tobacco habit...you actually have to have a brain in order to wash it. :)

Yup...flying the worlds smallest regional aircraft has It's perks; simple plane, simple life...not that there's anything wrong with that.

I'm not going to touch the pay issue... too volatile and no correct answer.

Now the airmanship. The JB guys did fine. As would any crew qualified to fly a transport aircraft. Nose gear problems are about the easiest abnormal gear config to deal with, period. The exposure, via the media, has blown this way out of proportion.

Far more challenging - how about taking a bird or two, having an engine explode and burn, and landing heavyweight, single engine, while fighting the fire. This happened a while back and made very little news. I think any heavyweight single engine event poses greater challenges than an abnormal nose gear.

Wind shear escapes - another scenario where if the AC is not expertly handled, disaster would result. Hardly ever newsworthy.

I'm not detracting from the JB crew... they did fine. Simply put, the situation was not all that big of a deal.

Yeah I remember you mentioned flying the Avro. i don't plan staying here for a long time, either go up or look for better QOL.

1-tacan-rule said:
Oh that's right. He was the guy on the United Airlines flight that lost all hydraulics and gave the controls to DENNIS FITCH (Line Check airman in the back of the plane who was jumpseating) who was actually at the controls when the aircraft came in for what seemed like an impossible landing.

Al spoke on the radio....oh, and speaks a lot now to aviation groups. He did a fine job on the radio, though.

Dennis Fitch is the hero.

You're going to go real far with this......

Ahh.. I love the bickering on Flightinfo.com in the morning.. :)

Latest resources

Back