Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pilots show that a $110k pilot...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A couple of things,

First this all has happened before as Airbus has the design where the wheel turns sideways--- have no idea why they do it that way except they are French-- and it has failed to function on a number of occassions.

Secondly, the public needs to be educated that controlled incidents/accidents on runways generally work out well. This is especially true if you only have a nose wheel failure which is somewhat easier than one main.

Thirdly, I wondered if the new rules prevented the pilot from going back and speaking with the passengers for the three hours and assuring them all was well.

Fourth, the danger of leaving the TV on is that the newscasters make this sound like an insurmountable disaster all the time when it really was not that big of emergency. It might inflame the passengers.

Hey REZ. I respectfully disagree with you. Just anyone cant fly these jets no matter how much automation Airbus/Boeing/Canadair puts in their jets. As for pilots from 3rd world countries, I respectfully submit that you do a google search and check the accident statistics on these third world pilots. You might find that the automation has not stopped them from augering in several jets a year. As for my dismay and pessimism, you are probably correct. I have absolutely no beef with low timers. WE all can learn something from anybody. I have a problem with a 200 hour wonder making snide remarks about the industries woes attributed to LCC pilots. My point is merely that if you dont know much about a subject, dont make a negative post. As for LCC wages, benefits and pay, I would strongly encourage a little homework to find out the truth. As for the 20,000 plus ATPs with applications in at my fine company, the pay and benie's must not be that bad.

Threads like this kill me. People love to jump on the band wagon and bash jetBlue because of their 190 rates. These same folks are the ones paying thousands to get a job with Southwest.

Where was all the "luv" for Southwest before 9-11? How good were Southwest pay scales when the legacies were paying out their a$$? Few wanted to work there and their pay sucked back in the day.

Today Southwest has matured in to a great job with great pay, by todays standards, and most of you would kill to work there.

jetBlue is doing well and creating a good future. You have to be a moron to think a growing airline is going to shell out huge pay rates right of the bat. It takes time and patience. It took SWA 30 years to get here yet people expect JB to be there overnight.

Well said Alice. Southwest is a class act, without debate. Wasnt to long ago that they were be being denied jumpseats and being called the swine of the industry. Best thing we can do is keep being professional, and ignoring the negatism and ill will that are harbored in a few of these post. Bottom Line, we are all professional pilots, and we do the same jobs. We put our careers on the line 4 times a year, and earn every damn dime we make. We are airline pilots, and it really dont matter to me whos uniform you have strapped to your back, your welcome on my jumpseat anytime.

jetblue320 said:
Ok, I'll take the bait.

I bet you would be singing a different tune if you were on that plane, you puke.

I happen to know who that pilot was and it has nothing to do with what he makes as a salary.....

You aren't even qualified to shine his shoes much less make a stupid statement like you did! Especially coming from a low time, low life!!

Well said, the crew did an outstanding job. How this turned into a salery debate is beyond me.

ATTENTION EVERYONE: RELEASE YOUR SPHINCTER. SCUBABRI WAS BEING SARCASTIC!!!!!

IT WAS EVIDENT IN THE FIRST POST WHERE HE PUT THIS LITTLE WINKING SMILEY: -> ;)

READ THIS:

||||||||||||
vvvvvvvvvv

scubabri said:
Sheesh guys lighten up!! Are you all wound up so tight that you didn't get the sarcasm? I think the jetblue guys did a splended job and that they deserve way more than they are getting paid.. had you got the sarcasm, maybe you would have figured that out. So call your dog off and lighten up a little bit.

My point was is that I am sure that there will be some management dork that will say that very thing.. "why should we pay these guys more, because when the sh*t hits the fan, they will have the integrity to do the best job regardless of what we pay them, and we can take advantage of that to increase our profits"

My goodness! You guys are going to all lose your medicals if you don't lighten up a bit.

PHXFLYR said:
I'm beyond curious here... Did you really say that?? And if so,did he let you ride?

PHXFLYR:cool:

Yes, and yes...after a little discussion on the jetway.

scubabri said:
will do the same job as a $200K pilot.

that's the problem!!! We need low paid volunteers to crash a few times to show that low pay is dangerous... anyone? anyone? Way to screw it up for the rest of us you jetblue d*rks ;)

<insert sarcastic smirk here>

sb

Wound up as I am...I got the sarcasm. Have a beer fellas. Have ten, it's Friday.

Rez O. Lewshun said:
So when do we talk about pay? When does pay come into play?

Seperate situations.....

But I don't want to make 35k to fly an A320...

First you need to learn to spell then you can make over 35K.

Speeling police

Oh My gad! the speeling police are at it again. What does spellign have to do with flying an airplane or making money? My brother-in- law, a high school grad, installs mufflers makes over 200K per year.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back