Jetblue Pilots Beware

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
More disclosure is needed!

Imagine the strife and discontent when the E190 awards come out on 5-15 and it goes senior. Imagine if 150 people bid it and the bottom 30 are locked out. Those 30 are locked out while watching junior E190 F/Os take the left seat after 10-12 months! Management is just hoping the bid goes junior; and if they officially announce the creation of a pool for the bottom bidders/none award pilots the option to upgrade before the junior E190 F/Os then that announcement in itself will distort the bid. If a subsequent announcement is made by management to upgrade the pool before any junior E190 F/Os upgrade then they will come out looking like heros...upholding the 5 core values/ "integrity". Are the 5 core values we live by just a rally cry and a punch line or real values we adhere to?
This is a dangerous game being played by management. This is how unions get started.

yee haw boys!!! I told you all that cool aid drinking would come back to bite us in the ass. We have to look out for ourselves as a group.

PCL,

Most in house unions contract out to ALPO anyways so you still get your money. I know SWAPA contracts out stuff to ALPO.

a320drivr said:
PCL,

Most in house unions contract out to ALPO anyways so you still get your money. I know SWAPA contracts out stuff to ALPO.

Am I losing my mind?

Whats ALPO? I thought it was dogfood.

ALPA is a union on the other hand

BUY BOEING the AMERICAN People would appreciate it.........

The EUROS love you guys

NO UNION -- LOW PAY--

Paul R. Smith said:
Whats ALPO? I thought it was dogfood.

"ALPO" is a very intelligent, quite original, and extremely insightful insult. It ranks right up there with "nanny nanny poo poo" and "bounce off me and back on you."

:rolleyes:

TonyC said:
"ALPO" is a very intelligent, quite original, and extremely insightful insult. It ranks right up there with "nanny nanny poo poo" and "bounce off me and back on you."

:rolleyes:

That has to be the most intelligent post you have ever made Tony.....

Kudos to you!!

C yaaa

Makes sense

Scarlet: Buy Boeing?? NWA has the largest fleet of Airbus products [last I heard]. Also: No union = low pay, have you talked with a UAL pilot lately??
Get your 'facts' at least close to right.

As for this entire thread, BlueJuice, if you spent as much time working towards a better way to bid the E190 instead of posting your distrust and 'conspiracy theory' type comments on a public, annoymous forum then maybe the problems with the bid process could be corrected or at least reduced.

I don't see ANYTHING positive from your 'BEWARE' post. Maybe you should figure out a way to contact all the potential E190 bidders is a less public manner?? What have you accomplished here? Who are you reaching on this forum that you can't reach in a more private/productive manner??

Our company has typically received more airplanes than first scheduled each year, and therefore maybe the captain upgrades will be at the rate that management 'intentionally mislead' us with.

While there are several possible ways to 'fine-tune' the E190 bid process I think it is at least workable. There will be without a doubt many pilots who will be unhappy with the outcome.

There are bound to be pilots who 'wish they had' or 'should 'a/ could'a/ would 'a' after the bid is done. I personally would have liked to have seen several 'practice bids' There are bound to be guys who if they had bid 18% instead of say 15% would have been awarded a slot. But of course they will come here on a public forum and blast the process, in the most negative way possible instead of taking responsibilty for their own decisions.

I'm surprised that we don't get monthly 'crying towel' threads about how badly ClassBid treated someone or another.

B6 is the best place I have ever worked, and I've been at quite a few operations. It isn't perfect, no place is, unless of course you are an ALPO fanatic then there can be no wrong done, since of course if we pay our dues the ALPO reps must do a good job representing us in all discussions and create Nirvana for us. Right,?

Last edited:
scarlet said:
BUY BOEING the AMERICAN People would appreciate it.........

The EUROS love you guys

NO UNION -- LOW PAY--

Tell me again, I must have missed your answer from the other thread, where is a CL-65 built? Utah? Washington? Iowa? Surely it is built in the USA. Surely.

Originally posted by bluejuice 787:
"This post was only written to inform other jetBlue pilots of an internal issue"

You picked a very appropriate place to do that......

Latest resources

Back