Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pilots begin organization drive...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If we had a union, we would be in talks for years to get what the E-190 guys got for a raise. Better yet, how many airlines are giving raises at this time-- ah lets count them, ZERO!!! A unionized airline would have furloughed about 100 pilots this past September/October with the reduction in flight hours. No union thus far has retained anything as far as pay, benefits, pensions, or work rules for many of your so called "Legacy" carriers-- thanks, I'd rather keep my 2-3 percent than give it to those weak "live to fight another day" folks who are supposedly defending our way of life, RIGHT!!! They've done nothing but collapse to company demands time and time again...

You need a lot to learn...

For me... hmmm, oh yeah I flew 3 legs over a 2-day trip (with a 27hr layover :D ) ...81.25 hrs credit as that's all I've done the last month on reserve. :D :D

Glad to hear the cleaning thing is working out for you! :p

BBB

My point was not to state that my line was better than yours my point was trying to explain in simpletons terms that the cleaning thing is an absolute non event but dont worry I am sure your job is better than mine, your house bigger, your plane faster, your wallet fatter etc etc..Happy holidays

When September and October came around, the entire pilot group got hit with less flying hours; my schedule was only 73 hours in September and 76 in October. So in one month, a junior Captain sitting on reserve got more money than I did.

Impossible! JB pay is based on the "Blended Rate" of 83 (or 86, depends on which pilot session you listened to.) Dropping 10 hours of premium time for 2 months would lower the "Blended Rate", wouldn't it?
Also, according to DN today, the reserve pay doesn't count.

My point was not to state that my line was better than yours...

Gee... I'm sorry for jumping to conclusions. Forgive me... but if not to "brag" about your quality of life versus mine then why exactly did you include all your credit and number of legs data in response to a cleaning the aircraft comment? :confused:

BBB

Blue folks,

I think you found out this "princess" you've been sleeping with the last 5-6 years really turned out to be the "slut" your buddies warned you about.

Believe it or not, most of us aren't saying "we told you so...". Instead...we'll remind you...we dated her once too. She (management) has proven that sometimes she just doesn't really love us after all...

As an outsider who was always hopeful this JB thing with solid management and pilots working together could work, I was somewhat surprised at how latest pay thing worked out.

I hear a lot of ALPA bashing... I just cashed a bonus worth almost a months pay last month--get another one next June. Got bumped off most of my Dec trips for training, and my vacation next month will knock me off most of my January trips. Our healthcare premiums were locked down contractually as well. So far guys...ALPA and FedEx have been very very good to me. A profitable cargo/express company and an LCC are different, but this "auto-anti union" bias overlooks some of the good you could do working together. Your union--ALPA or local--will be what you guys make it to be and will be as solid as your pilot group. After 14 years military I was as union resistant as anyone--but at least in my case my experiences have been nothing but positive with our FDX MEC. I wish you guys the best whatever route you choose...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back