Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Jetblue pilots begin organization drive...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Uh...been discussed several times as of late. Way past dead.

I just read (literally) on another thread that Neeleman is still pursuing it and wants "increased productivity". Thinks there shouldn't be a flight time max per day but rather a duty time max per day. Sure sounds like you guys just might have opened up that Pandora's box (for the industry!) that so many of us warned you guys about. Gee, I can't wait to read what you guys will be requesting an exemption for next. :angryfire

BBB

If I went to dine at a restaurant and caught the chef scrubbing the toilet or mopping up in between preparing meals I'd bolt on the spot! Perhaps the B6 clientele are less discriminating? :rolleyes:

BBB

Lets see this week 4 Day trip 4 legs 24 hours of credit.. Actually just over 25 counting ground delays.

Took garbage bag off co pilots armrest, walked rearward picked up some headsets, crossed a few seatbelts, collected 2 car magazines, asked the inflight if i could get them something to eat turned around deposited magazines into chart bin in cockpit walked to awesome burrito place, pressed a few buttons on the fms pushed back from gate, pulled out table ate burrito.

See your speculation of the so called " cabin cleaning " and the reality as an employee here are two completely different realities.

The reality is that I have had more than one passenger see me help out with cleaning and make a positive comment. One guy even said to me " Wow you must be a shareholder " I said yes sir as a matter of fact I am

Good point! and I certainly don't like healthcare premiums going up. But how in the world is ALPA or any other union lower my healthcare premiums?
I'll tell you exactly how, by putting healtcare into the CBA. We have a healthcare plan totally separate from the rest of the company, negotiated in the CBA. So the company can't raise premiums on a whim (like they have) for EVREYBODY ELSE at the company except the pilots.

By the way I'm happy to see you guys get pay raises and contract improvements, you deserve it!, however, you can't really compare the ALPA representation you guys have with the one JB would get. Yours would always be stronger...hands down...after all your dues are much higher and more important to ALPA.
Doesn't matter, once we became ALPA, we got full access to the resources everybody else has...earnings and dues are cyclic and those who are making money help those who are not by default...hence the "union", everybody in it together for the long haul.

Lets see this week 4 Day trip 4 legs 24 hours of credit.. Actually just over 25 counting ground delays.
For me... hmmm, oh yeah I flew 3 legs over a 2-day trip (with a 27hr layover :D ) ...81.25 hrs credit as that's all I've done the last month on reserve. :D :D

Glad to hear the cleaning thing is working out for you! :p

BBB

I'll tell you exactly how, by putting healtcare into the CBA. We have a healthcare plan totally separate from the rest of the company, negotiated in the CBA. .

Hows that work, do you have a list of procedures they pay for or is it a % thing or what? Curious.

My two cents:

It doesn't matter what union you have if you don't have strong leadership and a unified pilot group behind them (local leadership in ALPA's case). That being said ALPA provides a very strong tool box especially compared to a fledging independent union with limited resources.

In less than two weeks ALPA will have a new leader at the top who with a new vision. I for one think you should give ALPA a shot. Ok flame away.

Serious question - once a company recognizes any group representing the workers, doesn't that make the requirement for the first round of voting to organize unnecessary? I thought I read some comment to that effect here some time ago.

If that is the case, does the Pilot Compensation Group that was formed with management-picked pilots and pilots elected to represent them (Values Committee) meet that criteria?

Please educate me about this provision of the labor laws.

For me... hmmm, oh yeah I flew 3 legs over a 2-day trip (with a 27hr layover :D ) ...81.25 hrs credit as that's all I've done the last month on reserve. :D :D

Glad to hear the cleaning thing is working out for you! :p

BBB

yeah, but that not working thing is hell on your figure...the picture proves it.

They are not losing sleep cause when they need financial data in section 6 they call ALPA and get the info they need to negotiate their contracts....
Oh God,,, here we go again.

You can't seriously be comparing UPS pay to JBLU pay, can you? :)

Latest resources

Back